I

Just a mini one shot I thought of it a few hours ago while listening to Taylor's song "The Lucky One". I hope you guys like it! :)

Six years. That's how long it had been since Harry had seen him in person, that's how long it had been since he had held him in his arms. That's how long Harry had gone without kissing him. He saw him everywhere, but he was too far away.

Louis Tomlinson

He saw his name everywhere, he heard his name everywhere. When he went on a trip to New York from his small town of Doncaster three years ago, he saw his name right outside Madison Square Garden announcing his concert in just a week. The night of the concert, Harry was already home living his ordinary life while Louis lived his extravagant one. That night Harry wished he could move on, while Louis was living his dream performing in front of twenty thousand people

Harry's heart was broken, but that night he had smiled and looked up at the stars. The small blue eyed boy from Doncaster had made it. The eighteen year old that had left home and sixteen year old him, with big dreams, had made it. He had heard his mother congratulate Jay over the phone while he relaxed in the living room. He was on a break from school and had gotten home from New York two days before. The Styles had never been the kind to hold grudges and since Anne and Jay were childhood friends, it was normal for Anne to want to congratulate her and Louis.

Harry would always remember the way he used to follow Louis around when they were younger. How attached Harry had gotten towards the older boy, how Louis would protect him from any harm. Louis had the biggest heart, the best personality. Everybody loved to be around Louis, but Louis only wanted to be around Harry. At least that's how it used to be back then. Their platonic love had turned into something more as the years passed by. No one could separate them, no one could ever destroy the love they had for each other.

That's what Harry had thought all those years he had been with Louis. But there was one thing Louis wanted most, and that was to become a famous singer. He wanted to have his name go up in lights, to have people listen to his music and fall in love with it. He wanted everything that came with becoming an artist loved by everybody. He had it figured out since they were young and Harry had fully supported him until Louis decided Harry didn't fit anymore in his plans. To be good enough, he needed to focus solely in his music. Louis Tomlinson didn't need any distractions.

Harry could still remember how heartbroken he had been as soon as Louis had told him the news. He could still feel the somehow faint ache on his chest whenever he would remember it and the many thing after that. He had tried to accept it, that it was what it was, watching from afar how all of Louis' dreams were becoming true.

His heart kept breaking the moment Louis started dating many celebrities. They way the tabloids would have pictures of him attached to some random man walking out of a club. The way Louis had reduced himself to nothing but a pretty accessory for many men to show off.

Two years later after Louis had left Doncaster, Harry had finally decided to move on and stop hurting. That's when he had met Alexander, the man that he would fall in love with again. The man that would bring him out of his depression and show him that life went on. The man that would give him everything. He had met him on his first day of college and had become best friends with him. And after two years of Harry still longing for Louis and his meeting with Alex, Harry had finally gotten the balls to ask him out.

Two and a half years had passed when Alexander gave Harry his most precious possession. His little Alexandra Jade.

Harry knew of heartbreak, but when Alexander passed away during childbirth, leaving him with their newborn daughter, Harry found out what real heartbreak was like. He could see Louis on tv or some magazine, but he would never be able to see the mother of his child ever again. Harry never thought he would go into a deep depression, having to move in with his mom so she and Robin could help him out with Alexandra. The first year had been rough, but he had made it.

Now one and a half years later, with a one and a half year old, Harry was living in Doncaster. He had a small two bedroom apartment for him and his daughter, a place close to his mother's house when she babysitted Alex. He hadn't heard a thing from Louis ever since his daughter's birth when he had decided to leave it where it belonged, in the past.

He had been doing a great job when for the last year and a half he had been unaware of the many scandals about Louis. About how he was a party animal and had a drinking problem, how Louis himself thought that being in the spotlight just wasn't for him anymore. He was tired and homesick, he wanted to go home.

He was alone after six years when no one had been with him because they were in love, no. Louis was the biggest star out there, and all they wanted was to be seen with him. What all of them only wanted was to be associated with him. Louis guessed he deserved it after what he had done, it was karma.

He arrived to his childhood home a stormy night, the home his parents had refused to move out of. Louis wanted to thank them for staying there and refusing the mansion he wanted to buy them three years ago. He was welcomed with open arms and he got to stay in his childhood room, on the bed he found so comfortable.

The morning of a sixth of july, Harry made his way to his mom's home to drop his daughter off. The day was going to be long and he wanted it to go fast so he could pick Alexandra up and go home with her. When he arrived there, he found his mom outside already planting the flowers she had gotten the day before. She smiled as soon as she saw them and got up to greet them..

"Good morning, my sweet girl." She held her arms out, hugging the small toddler close to her as soon as her son put her in her arms.

Alexandra looked at her with her happy blue eyes, putting her arms up by her brown straight hair as she smiled. She had gotten her mother's eyes and his father's hair color when Alexander had been the blondest of the blonds. Harry felt an ache on his chest every time he thought about him. She had Harry's lips and nose and she was her father's life.

"No good morning for me?" Harry asked. "I'm actually offended." He joked.

Anne pulled up Alex's light purple pants then pushed her hair out of her forehead, her hairband already around her neck. When she was done she looked up at Harry and pulled him forward with one of her arms.

"Good morning, baby." She smiled, letting Harry wrap his arm around her before he kissed her cheek.

"Morning, mom." Harry smiled. "Thank you for watching Alex."

"It is no problem, Harry. You know I love this little light of my eyes." She kissed her cheek and blew raspberries on it, making her laugh.

"I have to go now." Harry told her then reached out for his daughter, smiling when she quickly went to him. "Bye baby, I'll see you later, okay? Daddy loves you so much, baby. Be good to nana." Harry kissed her cheek and hugged her.

He was still looking at her when he heard the neighbor's garage door opening. He looked up and was met with him, his blue eyes going back and forth between himself and his daughter. Louis took a step forward, wanting to say something, but Harry was faster. He gave his daughter to his mother, told her to go inside then walked away from there as fast as he could. He refused to look back until he was in his car where he got in and as soon as it was on, he drove away and never looked back.

After many years of people telling Louis he was the lucky one, he now wondered who really was the lucky one.

Thoughts? :)