01

January 20, 2015.

It was a month since Lisa's birthday and Jieun had ignored her calls and avoided her which was not hard considering that they were from a different faculty. She took a lot of minor classes just to improve her already great performance. It was an excuse to stay busy, of course, giving that people kept talking about the perfect couple from Art and Social Sciences Faculty. Even an idiot could come up with an idea of who they meant, at least by being busy, she could tone her hurt down a bit. So it was fine during day when she was packed.

But it was night time that she was worried about.

"You should go back and sleep." A grumpy voice said just as she jotted down a few more words from the journal in front of her into her notebook.

She looked at the guy and smiled. "I'm fine Mark."

She also decided to give Mark a chance. They became friends. Mark was pretty shocked at first, but after that they went along just fine.

"No you're not, don't give that shit to me Jieun. I can finish this. You go back and rest or I'll make you. You won't like it if I do."

She cocked an eyebrow and stared at him. Mark can also be such a mother sometimes, but Jieun liked it, she felt like someone still cared.

They were in a staring contest for a bit before she gave in. There was no way she could say no to that, mainly because Mark was right. Even if she overwork herself, her problems will not disappear, they will only increase.

She sighed and gathered her things. She shot a glare at the grinning bloke who wore a triumphant look.

"Make sure that it is ready tomorrow or I'll kill you with my bare hands." She hissed and he did a mock salute.

"Aye."

She rolled her eyes and smiled at him before silently made her way out of the library.

She was on her way back home when her phone dinged. She swiped open the passcode and read the content. She sighed when she saw it. Biting her lip, she finally decided. She turned to the opposite way from where her home was.

It was time to face her pain.

She arrived at the shop fifteen minutes later and took a deep breath before stepping out of her car. The smell of coffee invaded her nostrils as she took in the big Starbucks sign, and sighed. She was back at where it started a month ago.

She found the girl sitting at the same chair a month ago, her eyes lit up when she saw Jieun walking into the shop. She stood up and raised a hand to wave at Jieun who returned it with a small smile of her own.

Lisa waited until Jieun reached the table before engulfing her in a hug.

"I miss you." Lisa whispered. Seconds later, she released Jieun who looked surprised and grinned.