new

ugh

new

tyler ran to his room and locked his door before he plowed down onto his bed. his brothers guests had arrived which meant he'd be in his room all night.

he heard the faint sound of teens stumble through the front door of the house. tyler did as he usually did and blocked their noise out with his music.

after a few minutes he realized his drawing pad was in the living room and cursed under his breath hopping over to the door.

as tyler approached the living room he heard a familiar voice and a few new. zach was always making new 'friends' so it wasn't surprising. he walked into the kitchen which opened up to the living room where they all sat. tyler kept his head down to avoid eye contact or attention, but then realized his book was, in fact, in the middle of the living room.

"oh my god! it's my bitch, tyler."
zachs friend lynn winked playfully at tyler as he let out a dry chuckle. lynn was a senior like zach and they'd been good friends since freshman year. basically, tyler saw her a lot in his household.

he walked over to where lynn and the others sat, leaning over into the couch.
"where's zach?"

"probably taking a wicked shit, i don't know man." lynn laughed at her own joke and the two boys across from her joined.

tyler glanced at the boys and noticed neither looked familiar. not surprising at all. lynn must've noticed he was curious as to who they were.
"oh! tyler, this is ryan and josh."
she traced her hand from left to right.

"you'll totally like ryan." she paused smiling at ryan's confused face.
"he's hella queer."

tyler choked on his spit as ryan's face grew a deep red.

"lynn you're a fucking dumb ass."
the boy with the bright yellow hair, josh, let out through a chuckle.

"whatever. queers get a long with queers." the few laughed a bit and then an awkward silence fell over the room right before zach walked in.

tyler cleared his throat and backed up, "well i'll be heading back to my room so.. bye i guess. nice meeting you two?

the others waved and chattered amongst themselves.

"wait, tyler."
he turned his head to the side to see his brother.

"could you show josh to the bathroom?"
tyler looked over and gave josh a welcoming smile, "sure."

the smaller boy lead the jock down the hall toward his bedroom and paused before the bathroom door.
"here it is. careful with the sink, it gets hot really fast."

"thanks, man."
tyler headed to his room with his belongings and josh shut the bathroom door behind him. he didn't actually have to use the toilet, just wash his hands.

josh stood toward the wall for a second and admired the beautiful painting hung across the walls and the vintage footed bathtub. that's when he noticed a box of blades beside the bathtub except there were no razors to be seen. he didn't think much of it since he hardly knew the family and dried his hands on the towel behind him.