Chapter Eleven- Hit

Chapter Eleven- Hit

Dr.Ross has six kids; two girls and four boys. She is forty two years old and spent almost eight years in college. Her reason for telling me all this is simple; she wants me to feel comfortable with telling her my life story, but that will never happen.

I don't know this woman. She doesn't know me.

"A-"

"If you call me Alana one more time..." I huff.

"My apologies, Lana. How are your grades in school?"

"Average."

"I have here," she flips through some papers in a gray folder. "That you wish to attend Columbia."

"Wrong."

"But-"

"I used to. But, I don't. Not anymore."

"And why not?"

"I just don't. I loss interest in writing." I lie.

"Humph." she pauses. "You've made any friends since you've moved here?"

"Some."

"Tell me about them."

"There's Kyrie who is the sweetest girl you will ever meet and she is as smart as Einstein. Then there's Isan, Vee, Badass and Zayn. Those are the guys who can care less about their future and we all party together. Then, there's Harry."

"You didn't give details on Harry."

"Harry is Harry." I shrug. "He wants to be a singer and he is angry half the time, but that's just who he is."

And he is about the only person on this planet who can make me feel worthy, make me feel alive again after feeling numb for so long. He is about the only thing keeping me sane anymore at this point.

I never do tell her that though.

She nods. "Lana, you are done for today."

"Thanks doc." I pick up my bag and am about to leave when Dr.Ross calls out my name again.

"What?" I turn around to face her.

"Smile a little. Sometimes, you just need to stop and take a look all around you. Life is good."

I laugh breathlessly. "Right."

*******

Harry sneaks through my window at 1:32 a.m. unannounced, but I still let him in.

His hair is damp like he has just finished taking a shower and his scent is different; he smells like mint, but I don't mind.

"Romantic cliche again?" I question.

"You know it, Miss Grey." he replies and I roll my eyes, shuffling back into bed and Harry follows.

"You smell good."

"Well yeah, I took a shower." he smirks. "Naked."

"Yeah, I take those often too. Naked."

"Don't tease me, Lana." He playfully says.

I chuckle and he pulls me closer into him by my waist and our noses are touching now; his hand grips my butt hard and I squeal in surprise. "Watch your hands."

"But do you really want me to?" he kisses me lightly on the lips. "Read to me."

"Read what?"

"Something, anything."

"Okay," I whisper, trying to think of what I have memorized in my head then I remember a poem by Scarlet. "I found it/ the thing I've been searching for/ searching for for so long/ I found the lost ray of light/in this state of total darkness/ I can't remember/ever seeing the light/ I lost it all so long ago/ when I was bruised and broken/ I lost my trust/ I lost my hope for happiness/ I lost my everything/ Until I found you."