The Dark Past

Before we begin I recommend (if you can concentrate this way) that while you read this chapter you listen to the songs
House of memories
Impossible year. Both are by Panic! at the Disco, and while i was writing i had them playing. It really makes this little chapter more real.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Two years ago:
Rowan was searching frantically. Where was Aelin. Rowan turned to Lorcan. "Where is Aelin." Rowan saw the blades and blood splattered shirt in the sand. No no no no! Rowan used his magic and sliced Lorcan's neck. He hissed at Lorcan; "Where is my wife?" Lorcan started to sway. Elide started sobbing. He couldn't worry about her now. Not now. Lorcan dropped to the ground, and Rowan saw what he never thought possible. Lorcan started to weep. "Please," Rowan begged, his voice breaking as that calm fury fractured. Rowan heard footsteps, Manon would know where she was. She looked to Rowan with sorrow in her eyes. "Maeve took her." Rowan's heart completely shattered. Maeve. The evil fae bitch. Rowan couldn't believe this. He listened to Manon tell them about what happened inside the mirror. Elena. The Lock. His Fireheart dammed because of a foolish mistake in the past. He couldn't handle this. Suddenly a whole armada of ships pulled up to shore. Rowan stood from where he kneeled over Aelin's shirt. A strange man walked up to him.  "Where is Aelin Galathynius?" the stranger asked a bit breathlessly as he scanned them. And his accent...
"Who are you," Rowan ground out. But the stranger was closer now. So close that before he could answer, Rowan knew who he was just by his eyes. Turquoise-with a core of gold. Galan had come to aid them. Rowan listened as Galan explained what Aelin had said to him in a short letter. How clever she was, his dear mate. "Rowan," Lysandra murmured in warning. There were a company of white clad people approaching. Rowan knew who they were before they arrived. Dorian's jaw dropped. "You are the sessiz suikast." He said to them. Indeed it was Ilias standing there with hundreds of the worlds deadliest assassins. His beautiful mate formed an army that would rattle the stars. Suddenly Aelin appeared beside him. Only it wasn't Aelin. It was Lysandra. She smiled to Galan. Then went over to talk to him. The smile punched a hole in his already fractured heart. Suddenly he realized people were staring at him. And at Aelin-er Lysandra. "We go north, to Terrasen." Rowan's stomach turned leaden. Lysandra caught his eye. "Prince-i need you to retrieve something for me before you join us in the North." She said. Find her, find her, find her, the shifter seemed to beg. Rowan nodded, at a loss for words. Lysandra took his hand, squeezed it once in thanks, a polite, public farewell between a queen and her consort, and stepped away. Lysandra led their guests away. Rowan went back to the scattered blades and blood splattered shirt. Lorcan and Aedion stepped up beside him. "I will go with you. I will help you get her back." Lorcan said beside him. "We'll find her." Gavriel said, his voice raw. Elide took a limping step closer. "Togther. We'll go together." Lorcan gave the girl a look that she ignored. "Fenrys is with her. He'll know we're coming for her-try to leave tracks if he can." Lorcan said.  If Maeve didn't have him on lockdown. But Fenrys had battled the blood oath everyday since swearing it. And if he was all that stood between Cairn and Aelin...Rowan didn't let himself think about Cairn. He knew Aelin would never stop fighting. Rowan turned to Aedion. "I need you to stay here and buy us time brother." He said. Aedion looked hesitant but understood. "I'll go north. With-her. To oversee the armies, make sure it's all in place." Rowan knew it would kill Aedion to stay behind, but he needed him to do it. Rowan said a few more goodbyes before picking up the shirt that belonged to Aelin. He bent and picked up Goldryn, tying the ancient sword to his belt. Rowan lifted the shirt to his face breathing in the scent. He felt the bond between Aelin and himself flicker. I will find you. Rowan let go of his beloveds shirt and watched it fly to the open sea. He could have swore he felt a flicker answer in between. Like the fluttering heart of an ember. Unleashing a cry that set the world trembling, Prince Rowan Whitehorn Galathynius, Consort of the Queen of Terrasen, began the hunt to find his wife.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you liked this first chapter. I did use a lot from the book so i wanted to say that whatever i use from SJM's books will not be claimed by me its just there. The rest of the story that arent quotes from her book are what im calling all rights reserved. Probably not important but ya just wanted to put it in here. Let me know what you think in the comments or if i should continue. Thank you for reading, i hope you are all having a good day and remember you are special! No one can replace you because you are one of a kind and a great person!
~❤️ Sunshine