Chapter 2

I'm sorry I had to stop there but my mom was asking who I was writing to so of course I couldn't tell her because even I don't know who you are.
Anyways right now I am in my new room it's pretty small and the walls meet up in a triangle. But to me it's beautiful. The walls are bland,an odd brownish color but my dad told me we can get them repainted. To my surprise when I first walked in it smelled of pine and wood. It was a very beautiful room. I just got my bed put in so right now I am writing to you while I lay here. I have piles and piles of boxes on one wall and a tv on the other.
Your probably wondering what the rest of my house looks like. We live pretty far from the big part of the city. There's a nice family living next to us. We've been here for a few hours and the whole time this little boy has been playing basketball. He's very cute he reminds me of Josh when he was younger.
  Our house is made of bricks and is very larger with two stories. It had huge windows in the front that were covered in curtains. In the living room we just put down the couch and love seat they're black and made of leather. There is wooden floors and a huge fire place. But unlike my old home it's fake.
  It is  January 4th and I start my second semester tomorrow. Wish me luck. I don't know who you are but I would like to think that you have graduated from this hellhole.
  Later that night I ate dinner with josh and mom. Dad was at work. One thing I had noticed was that as soon as we got here he went to work, which I was fine with that. I never really had a great relationship with either of my parents. I have josh now but Ann used to be the one I trusted the most. Your probably wondering what happened to her. Even though I don't know you I think you deserve to know. So as I lay in my bed drifting to sleep my mind races...
  It was New Year's Eve the night before my birthday a few years ago. I had been with Ann all day later that night after dark she left the house to go get my present. I told she didn't have to but she insisted.
  "Don't be silly Mel, of course I'm going to get you a present. I will be right back" she said then gave me a huge hug as if I was still a child.
  Thinking back to that day I just wish Ann would have listened to be when I told her I didn't need a present. She would have still been alive today.
  When the officer came to our house and told us that Ann had been in a car accident I heard him say the words but they just passed through my head. Like I couldn't grasp what was happening. My mind just couldn't handle the facts.
  A few days later it just hit me I was never going to see Ann again. Never going to see her smile or her laugh again. The following weeks after that were me in bedroom laying in my bed trying not to think, trying to be emotionless and feel nothing. It was so hard. Just so much pain.
  Something we had learned later on was it wasn't her fault about the accident. A drunk driver had crashed into the side of her car. He survived and she died. I don't get it the word is just so unfair. Ann was the best driver I knew and the most careful to. The many weeks I spent laying around that was one of the things that passes through my mind the most. She didn't do anything and she died on the spot. He hardly had a scratch on him.
  They found a few things in her car but one of them was a little chest with small wooden flowers on it. When it opened there was a beautiful ballerina who spun to the music. It was in  a package that said  to Mel the best sister in the world.
  I hear a knock on the door which brings me back to the present.
  "Come in! " I shout. Josh walks in.
  "Hey lil sis"
  " hey.... do you like need something "
  "Oh no" he says "I was just gonna ask what you think about starting a new school tomorrow"
  " like shit" he smiles and says
  "That's what I thought you would say" we both laugh. He holds his arms out in a embrace and I lean back into him. He holds me until I fall asleep as I think about starting a new school tomorrow.