truth hurts

Cassie POV

Storming rainy nights are my safe haven, nothing more soothing to me than rain coming down while everything else is silent with the undefinable spell that comes with it. I was sitting in our sun room enjoying the rain fall with my music on low in the back ground as I painted my toe nails. My house was quiet with the boys tired from today's practice and my dad at work nothing really disturbing me.

Last night after finding out about who the Alpha was I had to convince myself that letting my uncle know was the right thing to do. I didn't want to see people getting hurt anymore especially the history my family has with Hales is dangerous. I didn't know anything about Derek's uncle Peter the only story that ever got around was that he was the only living family member after the Hale house burned down like six years ago only he barely survived and was comatose living out his life or what was left of it in a nursing home guess goes to show never rule anyone completely out.

When I told my uncle after showing up at his house at the ass crack of dawn he looked at me like I had two heads began questioning me on how I knew this information who was working with, luckily I know how to lie to adults just a teenage charm though he still seemed spectate of me he simply said stay safe stay out of it and watch out for my siblings... not Allison weird enough.... I guess he had it covered? The old Cassie would haven't told him trusting my family was something I haven't done it a long time and I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

"must you play that type of music around them" I looked up to see my mother in the archway of the sun room I looked back and Cameron asleep in the pack n' play and Caden fighting the sleep as his eyes kept drooping.

"it's not affecting them it's not even bad mom it's just Halsey and for some reason Caden likes it he's not screaming" I told her she scoffed before responding

"take them to bed I have a conference call from Paris and don't stay up" she said walking away without giving me a chance to respond even though I wasn't going to just a waste of breathe.

I finished my toes sticking my toes in front of the tiny fan after a few minutes I heard knocking at the door it seemed to startle half asleep Caden he started to cry I gently picked him up and walked to the door knowing no one else was getting it. When I opened it I was shocked to see Allison at my door she was soaked looked like she was in a trauma or something.

"Allison? are you okay?" I asked stepping toward her we were both on the porch she shook her head

"I know" was all she said

"know what?" I asked her confused look

"about our family well some it  werewolves I'm not to sure I really believe part of me is hoping this is all some big nightmare" she said my mouth hung open what do I say do pretend like she's seeing things or did my uncle tell her? or.....

"Kate"

"yeah Kate told me since she's the only one in this family not keeping lies from me, she also told me about you. you've known this whole time just blinded me like my father" she said getting more angry now she took steps away from me.

"Alison please trust me it isn't easy"

"I was trusting you now you just keep all these secrets from me"

"Kate isn't who you think don't trust her" I said

"funny cause she's the only one who seems to care, I thought we were family but you won't trust me" she said 

"it's not my choice to tell you about that Allison and for that I am truly sorry gosh I would have loved to but I couldn't I know what happens with that information with knowing about the argent code it's not what you think" I desperately tell her