Prologue

~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~

The moon was centered in the dim, pure night sky. The stars were barely visible in the far distance, appearing as small specks of yellow. A strong breeze blew through the area, tearing through the land.

Yowls and cries of agony rang out from the camp. Blood streaked the battle ground as claws ripped through the pelts of the battling enemies. Limp bodies were spread out across the camp, cats sometimes pausing to mourn before leaping back into battles.

Their eyes flashed with pure rage and fury as they lunged at their enemies. Hisses and growls erupted from their throats as they threatened and spat insults at one another. The battle had lasted for what seemed like moons, and many were growing restless and exhausted.

One tom emerged from a den, spitting with fury after another tom. The russet tabby glanced back inside the den before leaping after the tom who was trying to flee. His claws sunk into the hindquarters of his enemy, who fell to the ground and kicked out furiously as he struggled to free himself.

"You aren't escaping my claws this time, Hollowstorm! First you murder your own kit and now Galestorm? What a pathetic scrap of fur you are!" The russet tom spat while raising a unsheathed paw.

When his paw came flying down, Hollowstorm suddenly rolled away just in the nick of time. Hollowstorm attempted to slash his claws across the russet tom's muzzle but his aim missed when the tom ducked away.

"EchoClan is no more, Dimflare! Face it!" Hollowstorm spat with narrowed eyes. A smirk emerged onto his visage. "EchoClan belongs to Archangel now!"

"Never!" Dimflare screeched.

He lunged at the tom with unsheathed paws. He landed before him and aimed a blow to rake his claws across Hollowstorm's shoulder, but suddenly froze in his tracks when something else caught his attention.

A yowl pierced through the air - a familiar yowl that made a shiver bolt down his spine. His ears perked and he turned towards the camp entrance, where he spotted Swiftspeck and others already racing out of camp.

Dimflare glared back at Hollowstorm before whirling around. He pelted off and leaped out of camp, his fur bristled with panic. He hastened his pace as the breeze tugged roughly at his pelt. Leaping over several roots and obstacles, his heart pounded faster and harder against his chest as he raced towards the source of the yowl.

"Dimflare!"

The russet tabby glanced over his shoulder to spot the brown she-cat pursuing him. Two bundles of fur hung from her mouth and he growled at the sight. "Cloverpool! You should be back at camp with our kits!" He snapped.

Cloverpool froze at his side and parted her jaws to reply but suddenly tensed up. Dimflare's eyes widened when he spotted tears emerge in her eyes as she glanced ahead. He followed her gaze and felt his whole world shatter to a million pieces when his gaze landed on the horrific scene.