The Cast List

Sharpay's scream could be heard throughout the whole school. And that was probably an understatement. Either she had gotten the role of Christine Daaè or she didn't and judging by her tone, she didn't.

Soon people came to check out the cast list. Ryan had gotten the part of the Phantom. No surprise there. Taylor was Meg and Martha was Madame Giry. Troy had gotten Raoul. Some other students had featured parts but Sharpay Evans screamed because she played Carlotta-again. No surprise really-and Gabriella was Christine.
Gabriella, Troy, Taylor, and Kelsi excitedly read the list.
"Ohmigosh! You got it!" Kelsi screamed and hugged Gabriella. Gabriella hugged her three friends.
"Look. Here comes the Prima Dona" Taylor laughed. Sharpay was angrily walking their way. "I won't forget this, Montez. Being a lead is harder than you think. Darbus thinks that you can handle it but she's wrong. I'll make sure I'm singing "Think of Me" onstage during opening night."
Kelsi felt anger. She wanted to push her out of the way, or even go as far to do what the Phantom did to Carlotta. Not now something told her.
"You know, Sharpay..." not every part is right for you." She said.
Sharpay made an offended noise and strutted off.
"I told you Gabriella" Kelsi said. "You're Christine. Sharpay's literally Carlotta. You're better than her."
"Yeah. Thanks, Kels." Gabriella said. "I'm so lucky you're my friend."
But since the first practice, "friend" didn't seem to match how Kelsi felt for Gabriella.
__________________________
A/N: so yes. This is like they're doing POTO but reliving it. There's going to be some Kelsi x Gabriella in here as well as Troy x Gabriella