2.3

donny

i'm a little bit nervous because i'm finally meeting julianne in person for the first time. "you can do this donny," i watched myself in the mirror while i finish getting ready, i'm wearing a black sweatshirt as usual and ripped jeans. i'm also wearing my adidas ultra boost.

i drive myself to the mall, i've seen julianne a couple of times at her school, at the mall, and even at my school when there's a game held at our school. but i've never talked to her in person. she knows me and i know her, she never knew i was the one she was talking for the past months.

i'm excited at the same time, scared. i sit down on a bench waiting for her, i check my phone every minute maybe she texted me or what. di ako mapakali, di ko alam gagawin. i feel nervous ho mai.

2:16 pm

donny: where u at?

julianne: malapit na medj na traffic eh

donny: look for me at a bench im wearing black if ur wondering

julianne: ok

i waited for a little moment, a lot of people recognize me and have some selfies with me. lingon-lingon ako sa paligid then i'm seeing her from the distance.

she ran towards me, "omg hi donny," she hugs me ofcourse i hug her in return. she didn't know that i'm the donny she is texting. ang crowded na, hinila ko si julianne paalis.

i just didn't bother to look at her, i'm just focus on getting her away from the crowd. we finally went to a kinda peaceful place in the mall.

i look at her and she gives me this "why did you pull me and i don't think you know me" face. i grab my phone from my pocket and starts typing.

2:41 pm

donny: hi julianne

i heard her phone goes off. she reads the text and looks at me, probably she's confuse about what's happening.

"ikaw... ikaw si donny? as in si donny pangilinan?"

i nodded.

"yung donny-... na... bb ko?"

i chuckled and smirked. i can't stop looking at her in shock, ang cute nya. i took a step a little closer to her, "seryoso?" tanong nya. tumango ako and her face is still shock. shock na parang nakakita ng multo ganun.

we went starbucks but she didn't say anything, maybe she needs time. after i got our orders, i started talking. "i tried to tell you the truth. but you weren't listening to me." she didn't look at me in the eye.

"i'm sorry if i make excuses pag-iniinvite mo akong lumabas. ayoko ko kasing magbago tingin mo sa'kin." i continued.

"kaya pala sabi mo may work ka," she finally said something, "kaya pala you always ask me something about donny, i mean you." she blankly said again.

"i didn't do that to ask you something about me," i sincerely said. "you weren't honest enough." she said. "i was, but you weren't listening." i responded.

"why did you stop from trying?" she asked, and it makes my heart really hurt. she was right, why didn't i try so hard? hinayaan ko lang.

"i'm sorry," i held her hand but she removed it from mine, "okay i'm leaving." she stood up and tried to walk away. i ran to her and stopped her, "sorry, sorry that i didn't try." i hold her wrist.

"give me time to think." she looks at me and left.

i cried, never done this for somebody except for mom and my sisters. i wiped my tears with my soaked shirt when ella came in, "donny, what happened?" she sat beside my bed and tapped my back. "julianne was mad." i said sobbing, "that girl you are texting everyday?" her ate mode is on, i nodded still sobbing.

"what did she said?" she asked, "she said she needs time." i wiped my tears again. "donny you have to respect that. you know that diba?" she continues to tap my back, i nodded. she hugs me and said, "sa pagkakaalam ko, you don't cry for a girl aside from us. she seems to be special." we both smiled.