Chapter 7: Harliquin vs Imogen - "You don't know me"

(A.N: Oh my GOD! 38.9K READS?! I don't know what to say! Hi my Wattpadians. Sorry for the wait. This chapter is long over due and I have no excuses... Before we start, I just wanted to warn you that this chapter has some bad language and a little bit of violence. It's only one punch but I thought I'd give you a warning anyway. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the chapter!)

Thadius' P.O.V. (Yay!)

I'm looking forward to having little Harliquin officially joining our pack. I've only known her for a few days but I already see her as a baby sister. Xavier and Dantè do too. I hope Harlie and my real baby sister, Teddy, get along. According to Adam, they've already met. She's also helped Adam mellow out a bit. He's usually quite tense and hot-tempered, but since Harlie came into his life, all our lives, Adam has been a lot more relaxed. Problems between neighboring packs have caused him to be stressed lately and then they met and it was as if, suddenly, everything was right with his world. 

Anyway, where did we leave off? Oh that's right...

Harlie had just finished the soup and toast Xavier and the triplets made for her when we all heard the front door of the house open and close. Moments later, the scuffling of small paws on wooden floors filled the hallway. "Here comes Duchess!" The triplets chorused. As if on que, the black and tan coloured cavalier king charles spaniel, belonging to Adam's mother, raced into the room and started sniffing at Harliquin. "Puppy!" She squealed cheerfully and picked up the dog, placing it on her lap. Adam's parents stood in the doorway laughing as the girls face was licked mercilessly. "It would seem that our future Luna has been accepted by the Duchess." Dantè chuckled.

Unfortunately, that cute little episode was cut short when a group of 4 teenagers also entered the living room. At the head of the group was the resident obnoxious slut of The Blood Moon Pack, 19 year old Imogen Beckett. She had platinum blonde hair, too much makeup, not enough clothes and her entire presence screamed fake.  

The whole room became tense. Duchess began to growl at Imogen as Adam held Harlie against his chest protectively and Xavier, Dantè and I stood up, ready to defend our Alpha's mate against that parasite and her witless followers.

"I heard that some rogue bitch turned up claiming to be our Luna. All I see is a worthless gold digger." She sneered. "Honestly Adam, I can't believe that you fell for this runts lies. Surely you've felt our mate-bond after all these years?" Tenaya, Adam's mother, was livid. She started growling, her clenched fists were shaking and her brown eyes were dangerously narrowed, but Imogen ignored this. She turned to look at Harlie and said, "I don't know who you are, but you better get the fuck away from my man if you know what's good for you. Go scam some other Alpha." By now, even the level headed Dantè was visibly pissed off. Adam and his father, Zander, looked ready to gut the power hungry she-wolf right then and there. But before any of us could register what was happening, Harlie had Imogen pinned to the nearest wall.

"Look, I don't know who you are, but don't you dare try get between me and my mate!" She snapped. "I am Harliquin Celestial, daughter to the Beta of The New Moon Pack, Shane Celestial and his mate Monique Celestial. Now you listen up and you listen good! You don't know me! You don't have any right to speak to or about me the way you have. I've gone through more pain then you could possibly imagine! I lost my entire pack to a rogue attack in one night when I was only 5 years old. A couple months later I was forced to watch my last living relative, my mother, get murdered by a small group of the same rogues that attacked my home. I have spent the last 12 years since then surviving on my own with nothing more than what was in the two bags we had with us and whatever small pray I could catch. Unless you've gone through something worse than that, I suggest you keep your bratty trap shut and get the hell out of my sight before I really get mad!" Imogen stared at Harliquin defiantly, but I could see her composure beginning to crumble.

"Oh, boohoo! I will never consider a pathetic runt like you worthy of being my Luna. And I can and will say and do whatever the fuck I want to!" That was probably one of Imogen's biggest mistakes.

Harlie's expression darkened into a vicious glare. "I guess I didn't make myself clear!" She shouted. She pulled that brat off the wall with her left hand and punched her in the face with the other. Imogen's nose started to bleed and Harlie pushed her onto her knees. "Next time I hear about you causing trouble, I swear to the Moon Goddess, I'll make sure to do more to your pretty little nose than just making it bleed! Am I understood, Barbie?!" She spat furiously. I noticed that there seemed to be another voice speaking with her, meaning that her wolf, Alexis I think she once called it, had surfaced. Harlie must have been pretty irate if her wolf was coming out.

Imogen seemed to finally get the message and fled the room with her 3 friends running after her. 

Harlie was breathing heavily. Adam stood up and hugged her from behind, saying softly, "Alright my little spitfire, time to cool down." The anger washed from Harlie's features almost instantly.    

~ Chapter Quote ~

She is a beautiful piece of broken pottery, put back together by her own hands, and a critical world judges her cracks while missing the beauty of how she made herself whole again.

            -J.M. Storm