K: The Black King ~ 1

CHAPTER - 1

The girl stared at the man's fading outline as he retreated back to his group. His movements were shaky, probably because of what happened. The officer in question had almost died while battling a strain all by himself. He was lucky that she had gotten there just in time to push him out of the way, though he was a bit cranky afterwards. Sighing, she thumbed the hilt of her saber absentmindedly. Ever since she was transferred to Sceptre 4's Special unit last month, she had the freedom of doing whatever she deemed necessary during an attack, though she had no trouble at receiving orders.

Suddenly, someone shouted behind her.

"Calling the attention of miss Hikari Fuyu! Do you mind not just standing there idly? We've got work to do!!!!"

She snapped out of her reverie and turned around. The person in question was a tall and rather lanky young man with brown hair and eyes. Like her, he too was wearing the blue uniform and was also part of the special unit. His name was Akira Hidaka.

"I absolutely rue the day you found out my first name." Hikari said, annoyed. Akira, who was glaring at her a moment ago, grinned mischievously.

"Aw c'mon Fuyu! Your first name's cute. Anyways don't look at me like that. We really do have work to do." He said and gestured to a similarly dressed man behind him. Hikari moved closer to take a better look. It was Tatsuya Enomoto, another person part of the special unit. He was bent over an unconscious young man. It was the strain the officer was fighting with before.

"Is he alright?" she asked aloud. Tatsuya looked up from his work. Strands of his long, black hair kept falling out of his ponytail and he quickly tucked them behind his ear.

"He's still alive." he answered back.

Both Hikari and Akira walked over to their comrade. Hikari squatted beside Tatsuya and tapped the unconcious man's cheek.

"Hey, wake up." She said gently. The strain's face twitched but that was it. She waited for a few minutes for any reaction but he didn't move. She turned to Akira.

"Did you guys call for back up?"

"Yeah. Don't worry, they'll be her-"

In that instant, a shout was heard. All three of them turned to see two men running toward them who were both in blue uniform. The man infront who had shoulder-length, wavy orange hair and a wide smile was their comrade Andy Domyouji. He waved at them with excitement.

"Hey guys!!!" he hollered. "Sorry we're late."

"Domyouji-san..." Hikari muttered once the redhead reached them.

"What is it Fuyu?" He questioned just as the other man arrived. He looked older than the rest of them and indeed he was. His name was Ryuho Kamo.

"Honestly Domyouji, you're enthusiasm is tiring." He sighed then regarded the others with a nod. Tatsuya briefed the both of them immediately and soon, they were all doing their work.

*_*_* *_*_* *_*_* *_*_*

In the heart of the city of Shizume , there stood a building that has always captured the awe from passersby because of its grandeur and splendor. This westernized, mansion-like building was no other than the renowned headquarters of the Census Division of Tokyo Regional Legal Affairs Bureau, Annex 4. Commonly known as the police-based organization Sceptre 4. Currently, deep within the premises, a tall, curvacious looking woman with blonde hair walked within its halls with an air of authority. This woman was Lieutenant Seri Awashima. As denoted by her title, she was the second highest ranking officer in the association. With a determined look on her face, she made her way to a room labeled 'Information Room'. Upon opening the door, everyone in the room became still.