Chapter Twenty Six || Naming The Nameless

Omg thank you guys for getting this book to 700! I'm not even gonna try to do friggin seven consecutive chapters, because we all know I suck at updating. Sorry for leaving you guys on that last cliff hanger. I'll stop talking now and let you guys read on.
Love, Me😘😘

December 15th

Third person POV

People can be quite a strange being. They maybe remarkably smart, and have certainly learned a lot of things over the centuries. But one thing homo-sapiens have not yet learnt to conquer is love. Love is an utter mystery to both man and woman. It can only be learnt by those who give themselves to love. Love will give and take. But what makes it so dangerous is that love either makes you. Or breaks you.

(Y/n)'s POV

"My name is–" he was about to say when we heard a loud crash from the distance. "Fuck!" He said and ran off towards the sound.
"Well," Ash said, looking towards me. "Isn't he quite something?" I stare at Ash blankly, not wanting to talk to him but I couldn't stop myself looking into his eyes. A steely blue they were. There was a certain cockiness in them, confidence too. But it had a hint of doubt and hesitance. "Oh come on sugar cube, why am I getting the silent treatment?" He was now kneeling in front of me. "Why are you freezing me out when you know I'm the one that's been feeding you and have put off the big guys plans." I probably had a look of disbelief on my face because Ash's face softened. "You didn't know that did you?" He held the lantern up to my face, cupping my face with the other hand.
"Ash..." I whisper. "Stop it. I can't."
"Can't what?" He says, his thumb brushing against my lips.
"Can't... whatever this is! I-I like someone else." I look directly in his eyes to see hem ablaze.
"Leo Valdez." He says, growling. He mutters something but I catch a few words. Valdez and die. Now those two things apart are okay. When you put them together, I will kill the person who has made the unfortunate choice of saying those.
"Get away from me." I say in a low voice.
"What?" He says looking back up at me.
"I said get away from me! You think you can threaten someone that is so close to my heart and get away with it? You think I would ever love some like you? Let alone like you? There's something wrong with–" but I never get to finish my sentence because Ash's lips come crashing down on mine. I could feel the rage rolling off him, his kiss defining the rage and anger inside him. I couldn't push him away because my hands were tied so I did the next best thing. I head butted him. And god let me tell you, it hurt like hell. I think I hit him too hard as my forehead would definitely have a bruise on it after.
"Argh! What the hell?" He says, stumbling back, his hand on his temple. "Did you just... head butt me?"
"No shit Sherlock!" I spat at him. "Why the hell did you just kiss me?" He looked as if he was giving that question some thought but wasn't quick enough because that's when the big guy walked in. Lucky me(!) note the sarcasm.
"Kiss? Who kissed who?" He seemed pissed. And he had platters of blood on his t-shirt. Both Ash and I stared at him silently. "Well? Is this some sort of cliché romance novel where you get a severe case of Stockholm syndrome? Because I'm really not in the mood for this shit!" He seemed to be concentrating that death stare at me.
"Hey pal listen, I don't give two shits about Ash! And you can stop acting like I'm some lovesick girl looking for love. And I am most certainly not suffering from Stockholm syndrome." I was glaring at Ash who seemed to be shooting daggers at the big guy. "Oh and you didn't tell me your name by the way." I say, looking straight faced at the big guy. He sighs and wipes off the blood from his hands onto his ripped jeans. No not the stylish designer ripped jeans you get, I mean ripped jeans. As in ripped from a sword or dagger.
"My name sweetheart," emphasising on sweetheart. "Will be told after I get this, how do I put this, task shortly done."

Leo's POV

I was pacing around cabin ten, pulling my hair and yelling at one of the poor Aphrodite kids that had gotten in the way of my project that I had been working on to distract myself. "Do you know how I feel right now, James?" I say his name almost mockingly. My hands had caught on fire, I don't know when but it seems like they had and I was in no mood to calm myself. I had to get this anger out of my system for me to think straight. "No you don't. (Y/n) is still out there and I'm trying to take my mind off this situation. And you ruined the only means of distraction I had. So James, what do you think I should do now?" I yell at James.
"Get a therapist..." he mutters under his breath, but I hear it. Unfortunately it only makes me more mad.
"Get a THERAPIST?! Is that your solution. I will not pour myself out to a stranger. I just lost the girl I lo–" but I stop myself. James seems just as shocked as I am. Lo–. I can't even bring myself to say that word. Do I L-word (Y/n)? But she doesn't even like me! I'm too busy at in thought to realise I'm on my knees now.
"Hey! LEO!" James in front of me. He's kneeling in front of me, a worried expression on his face. "Do you lo–" but I cover his mouth with my hand. I can't hear someone else say that. Nor can I say that myself. If I hear it, it may be true. And I can't live with myself, knowing that I had the girl of my dreams and gave her up for something so unattainable.