Chapter 12

Nghhhiw imr tuewd imm tir;d

THE GODDESS WOKE up startled from a nightmare. He slept floating on the middle of the water. If anyone was close by, he'd be alerted.

And, well, someone was close by.

Choromatsu stood up, his body half in the water to be exact. He looked around, cautious. Then he spotted someone walking out of the woods near the lake. The moon above gave enough light in that space too see. It also reflected off the water, which was lovely as well.

"What is it you seek, devil?" Choromatsu asked. A chuckle escaped Jyushimatsu's mouth as they both neared each other. Obviously, Osomatsu was in control.

"Well, I've got most of my plan done. Clearly, I'm not gonna tell you because that's retarded. I was looking for a deal with you, water spirit slash goddess whatever," he offered. Choromatsu looked taken back.

"As if! What on earth makes you think I'd make a deal with you! Get lost! And give Jyushimatsu back!" he demanded.

"I'm afraid I still need this body for a bit. But, if you agree to this deal, I'll give him back and leave your friends, including that painful priest and bitchy ghost, alone. Yeah, that's right, I'll fuck off." Somehow, his smile seemed sarcastic.

"What is that deal?" He asked suspiciously.

"You're gonna do whatever I say. Jyushimatsu is a high ranking angel, I'm aware, but you're a goddess which puts you in a higher position. With your power, you'd probably be more useful than this brat I'm possessing right now." Choromatsu's eyes widened. They seemed to say, you must be crazy!

"Oh, and just so you know, this is the only way I'll go without a fight. It's likely those bitches will try to perform an exorcism or some crap," Jyushimatsu informed. He licked his lips. "And that'll surely put Jyushimatsu in a lot of pain, right?" he grinned. The other male sent a glare. His heart beat quickened.

So he was basically agreeing to being this bastard's puppet? Well, it was for the best, he supposed.

"I. . ." He was still uncertain. Would he see them again? "Fine, bastard. If you break your end, I won't hold back," warned Choromatsu. Jyushimatsu turned his gaze.

"Well, if you make any wrong move, I'll kill you," he only said in response.

"Then get out of Jyushimatsu already! Hurry up!" Jyushimatsu rolled his eyes, and his body collapsed on the ground. A light exited, and Osomatsu was in his own body that had formed on the spot right there. It appeared that Jyushimatsu was unconscious.

"Then, let's go, partner," Osomatsu said. And he smiled the smile.

* * *

Jyushimatsu opened his eyes and blinked. He sat up and looked at his hands and himself. It looked like early morning. The angel stood up shakily. Wings appeared on his back, still a bit injured but looked like it had healed. Whatever, everything felt foggy.

He took a look at his surroundings. Trees everywhere, but the lake looked up ahead. He immediately remembered about Choromatsu. What happened? Something with Osomatsu, then the two fought and--

He hurried over to the lake and looked in the water. Jyushimatsu sighed and relief and smiled happily. He was in his own body. But, where was Choromatsu? He never left.

If nobody was around, there wasn't much reason for him to be there and Jyushimatsu went back, trying to figure out what was going on. The closest place was the church, perhaps he could settle there for a bit and look for Ichimatsu or Choromatsu.

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw someone. With a cloak and bored eyes, messy hair, no mistake it had to be Ichimatsu.

"NIIIIIIIIIIII-SAAAAAAAN!!!"

Ichimatsu paused when he heard very, very loud yelling and was tackled to the ground. Karamatsu and Todomatsu turned when they heard an "oof!" and saw a person with their arms wrapped around Ichimatsu happily. They both stared in confusion.

"AAAAH, I'M GLAD I FOUND YOU! AND I DIDN'T EVEN TRY THAT HARD! AFTER JUST WAKING UP YOU'RE THE FIRST PERSON I MET!" Jyushimatsu was practically crying tears of happiness and Ichimatsu was panicking a bit.

"H-Hey, Jyushimatsu, is that you?" he spoke out. Jyushimatsu looked at him.

"Of course it's me! Who else would it be? Don't tell me. . ." He made that face and covered his mouth with his sleeve, looking like he was in deep thought. There could, of course, be someone else. Osomatsu. It was just a slight question but did that mean Ichimatsu stumbled across Osomatsu in his body? Did he harm him? Did Choromatsu get involved?

And with the days gone by, he never did get a chance to ask him. After that reunion, Jyushimatsu and Ichimatsu never saw Choromatsu again. Todomatsu was annoyed at the fact that they went out for basically no reason. And he told Karamatsu what had happened. For a while the only question on his mind was, why did he show him his memories?

Ichimatsu did keep his promise. He took Todomatsu's soul, wiping out any form remaining, including his ghost. Karamatsu was aware it was all for the best. But even when he found a lost little boy years later, Todomatsu came to mind with those bright pink eyes. Karamatsu had his own water supply in a well behind the church nobody really knew about.

So when the water supply to the public was poisoned soon, infecting the majority and killing 1/6 of them, he was excluded.

The three remaining couldn't help but have an idea who it was.

Lmao I'm done enjoy the shitty ending