1.0 The One With A Ton Of PDA

Post Death
Pre Death

Elizabeth Jensen had not felt total pain and grief until the suicide of her friend, Hannah Baker

Elizabeth Jensen had not felt total pain and grief until the suicide of her friend, Hannah Baker. Elizabeth wished she had known that Hannah had been feeling such sorrow, and she wished she could have done something to help her. Memories played through Elizabeth's mind of her and Hannah.

"Fuck off, Baker."

"Oh, you know you love me."

"Yeah." Elizabeth smiled before wrapping her arms around her friend. "I do." There were sounds of giggling as Elizabeth smiled. She remembered how it felt to be able to feel Hannah, how it felt to hold Hannah in her arms.

She hated how she would never feel that again.

Evergreen was a town that made everyone feel alone. It just had a way of doing that. Elizabeth Jensen spent most of her childhood alone, until the beginning of high school when boys began to think she was hot and would flirt with her all of the time.

It made her feel even more alone, though.

Sure, they all wanted to screw her, but no one wanted to get to know her. No one wanted to actually be with her. No one cared about her.

Until Hannah Baker.

Elizabeth had always tried to be there for Hannah, but it was not enough to save her from her own sadness.

"Babe." Elizabeth's thoughts were interrupted by a scratchy voice coming from beside her. "You okay?" Elizabeth turned to face the owner of the voice as she laid in her bed. She nodded, slightly smiling. He pressed his lips against her forehead. "Are you sure? I know she was your friend."

"Justin," she chuckled, "I'm fine." Justin Foley sent her a questioning look. "I mean, I'm sad, but my friend di-" Elizabeth paused, feeling weird about saying the word, "is gone. Of course I'm going to be sad."

Justin nodded, understanding what she meant. "Are you sure that you're okay to go to school?" He questioned his girlfriend as he watched her sit up on her bed.

Elizabeth turned to Justin, raising an eyebrow. "Can you not be on my case every five seconds?"

"I just care about you, Eliza." Justin placed his hand on her cheek, staring into her big blue eyes. "I'm in love with you. You know that, right?"

"Of course, I know that." Elizabeth nodded, smiling as she began to stand.

He grabbed onto her hand, almost as if to stop her from moving. "No, Eliza, I can't focus unless I know that you're okay. These last two weeks have been hell because you're a wreck. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I've barely been at school because I know that you're dying on the inside. You're feeling all the pain Hannah felt before she was gone. I can't lose you."