You Can't Run From an Enemy

"Breaking News. All US servers have been hacked and the boarders are collapsing. Joy Behar has been shot at the foot of the White House just after two weeks of presidency. Isis takes full responsibility. Leading US officials advise that you get out of the country as quickly as possible. Good luck America."

The television screen flickered before turning completely blank. The only other source of light in the room was a small lamp which sat on a rustic table at the edge of the room. Audrey sat on the leather couch bundled up in piles of blankets staring at the blank screen. Her curly hair was up in a messy bun and her clear eyes stayed locked on the television, as if to hope that everything was just a bad dream. Suddenly, she heard the door open in the kitchen and her head snapped up in the direction of the noise.

"Dad! Did you hear-"

"Yes honey. We have to go and get out of here. I already checked. The airports are backed up. We need to fine your mother and your brother." Her dad rushed out of the kitchen and into the small family room still dressed in his uniform. His black hair was drenched from the rain and he gripped his belt, his hand tightly wrapped around the pistol. Audrey watched as he dialed her mom and held the phone to his ear as he anxiously paced back and forth. He turned to Audrey who had jumped off the couch and had dropped the blankets on the floor.

"You need to gather as many things as you can and pack." He said before turning back to the phone and spilling dozens of words across the line to her mother.

Audrey pounded down the hallway, her heart racing in her chest. She slammed open her door as a police car rushed by her open window, the red and blue lights flickering across her grey wall. The sirens faded down the street as Audrey shot around the room stuffing any thing she could find into a spare bag she had found lying across her bed.