5. Konoha

Whoosh~

The air around the trees was still until a gust of wind disturbed it. The rabbits that were grazing on the grass below scattered in fear. Little did they know that what had actually caused the gust to happen were humans. Ninjas, to be precise.

Tsunade glanced down at the small being in her arms. After a few hours of traveling, and not hearing a single peep from it, she had become... attached. She frowned, was it hungry?

'Damn, is this how babies are? I thought they just ate, slept, and God knows what else.' She stared at the baby in confusion. 'Is the child defective, sick? He must be malnourished seeing as though we found him near a.. trashcan or something.' Recalling the destroyed trashcan. This was her inner medic-side speaking. But after a thorough scan, she found nothing. 'This child's healthy? Hm... I've also never met a child this well-behaved, in my life. Except for the Uchiha's, but they don't count.' In her confusion, she noticed how the baby stared back at her. His eyes were a mesmerizing shade of blue, that seemed to change constantly in the sunlight.

'A trick of the light, perhaps?'

His gaze, smoldering as if he was studying her.

'But that wasn't possible.. was it? He was only an infant.'

The child's hair, or what was there was the hue black, though not dark enough to be blue. And when touched, it was as soft as silk.

Heartclench~

'What the hell is with this adorable creature?' Tsunade stared in wonder, heart beating rapidly, but anyone who was watching her at that moment would think that she was trying to burn the child to ashes with her glare.

Tap.

With reflexes she didn't know she had, she punched the poor victim with a chakra-infused fist as hard as she could. The victim went flying and managed to break through five trees. A record in her opinion.

Pant.. pant..

'That startled me.' She scouted the area, trying to look for her assailant. She finally found them inside a broken tree twitching. Apparently, they were also in agony. Heading closer she found out that it was her poor excuse of a teammate Jiraiya. She heard him mumble something about arriving at Konoha, and almost dying.

"Why didn't you say so before? You idiot." Irritated Tsunade grabbed Jaraiya by his right leg, trying hard not to jostle the baby with the sudden movement, and then proceeded to head towards Konoha, checking in with the guards, and later on towards the Hokage tower.

--

At the Hokage Tower

The door slams open. Causing a whole stack of papers to fall off the desk. Two people and a bundle enter the room.

"Gah-!" A middle-aged man said in shock.

"Hey, Sarutobi-Sensei we're back! Miss us?" Jiraiya called out. Newly healed and, oblivious of what he just caused to happen.

Punch

"Ouch! What was that for, huh?" He cried out, rubbing his aching head. He tearfully looked at Tsunade.

"Nothing." She replied coolly. She turned to face the Hokage. "We're back Hokage-sama."

Sweatdrop. 'The same as ever, huh, Tsunade?'

He looked regretfully at the fallen stack of papers and sighed. 'Oh, well. On to more pressing matters.'

He folded his hands and became serious. The man had short black hair, and his eyes were cold and sharp. The air around them became heavy and tense. No longer was he a sensei. He was now the Hokage.

"I expect a full report on what occurred during the mission." He stared at them both. Jiraiya looking back, just as seriously. He glanced at the bundle in Tsunade's arms, just noticing it.

"And who might this be?"

"Not a who, it. A baby, to be precise." Jiraiya added helpfully.

The Hokage peers at the child
"A baby.."

He quickly ceased the intimidating aura that he was releasing. Causing tension in the room to disappear.

'How strange..' His eyes scanned the body of the baby. Noticing how the baby hadn't even cried after feeling his killing aura... He furrowed his eyebrows. 'Maybe he was an enemy ninja..? No.. it couldn't be, nobody would be able to keep a form for that long..'

He stood from his desk with a blank face and headed towards his students.

"Um... Sensei..?" Jiraiya started confused only to shut up by Tsunade's glare.

They watched as their sensei walked towards Tsunade, or in Tsunade's view, towards her and the baby and grabbed the blanket in which was covering the baby completely and stared at it. As Sarutobi's eyes connected with the child's, he lifts his hand and watched as the baby, grabbed it firmly, piercing into his soul with his blue eyes, as if to say 'You won't find a thing'. The Hokage blinks, 'strange'. He starts forcing chakra into the child's body, trying to dispel any henge or transformation technique that the child may have, only to have the baby screech. The baby piercing his soul, trying to get his attention.

His eyes widen in surprise. Well, he sure has spunk. He starts laughing joyously, breaking his emotionless facade, and causing his students to relax.

'Not a creation of a jutsu, nor is the child hiding any dangerous jutsu within him either..' He looks at Jaraiya quickly. Jiraiya jumps in surprise, face sweating, refusing to look at him. The Hokage looks to right only to see one of his secret anbu's.. looking pissed off. She notices him staring then goes back to hiding.

Sigh~

'Only you Jaraiya.., guess I can't trust him with this.' He heads back towards his desk. He sits down and stares at them directly.

"The both of you are dismissed, Jaraiya I expect a report from you-" "Ehhhh" He ignores Jiraiya. "-seeing as though I can't trust, no... that's not right, imagine, that's more like it, I can't imagine you taking care of the child without turning him into a second you. And believe me, one Jiraiya is enough-" Tsunade smirks. "-if you don't mind Tsunade.. why don't you take care of him-" he points at the baby in her arms. "-show him around, maybe give him something to eat, he may need it since he's an orphan. If you don't mind.." Tsunade looks at him stunned.

'Maybe I misread her and she doesn't really want to?' He thinks.

"Ah, I could have someone else take him instea-"

"There's no need," She says forcefully. She clears her throat, voice calmer this time. "Since you asked I may as well do it. It's not like I hate the runt." She looks down at the baby, the child looking at her as well.

"Good." He watches them head off to leave. Jiraiya grumbling, with Tsunade trailing behind. Obviously enraptured with the child, although slightly oblivious. 'How surprising..'

Little did the Hokage know that the baby had already wrapped him around his little fingers.

As the door slams, the Hokage straightens himself in his chair reaching for his pen, only to remember how his papers were scattered everywhere earlier. He sighs in distaste, pulling open a drawer filled with cigars, taking one out, and lighting it. He took a deep drag. 'I'm getting too old for this.'

- End.

My updates take a long time. Within a span of 1 year or a week after the last chapter. I don't like making promises because I always break them in the end.

[A/N] Sorry. I had this chapter written out this chapter last year, but never posted it. Thanks for being patient. Like my sister said, you should only post your fanfics if you already finished it, so not to be stressed, and maybe edit it sometimes. Thanks again.