TWO

the next morning, jimin's head is a wreck.

he got home by 10 PM yesterday. he had to go home in his drenched uniform because he didn't bring another pair of clothes, and of course— the bullies had already thrown away his P.E clothes to god knows where.

his head feels so heavy, and it feels like every small being on earth is stabbing his head with a needle over and over again. his body doesn't feel less worse; whenever he takes a step, he can feel his bones aching. "that bitch stomped my leg so fucking hard, it hurts really bad now." he thought as he move his is right leg up and down to let himself get used to the pain, but it obviously didn't work.

"ugh," he grunted while holding his head as he walked to the kitchen, looking for water.

he grabbed the nearest glass he could find, and poured himself a glass of water. still holding his head in pain, he thought of not going to school— he's too sick to go anyways.

"jimin, wake up! it's sev—" his mom yelled while making her way downstairs, "oh, you're awake." his mom noticed his son's pained expression. "are you sick or something?" she said, with an annoyed tone. her face didn't show any hint of worry, just pure annoyed look.

jimin flinched. he knew his mom will yell at him if he ask her permission to skip school.
but he couldn't take it, the pain in his head and body were too strong. so he finally found the courage to ask his mom.

"mom, can i skip scho-"

"no."

"wh- what?"

"no, jimin." she sighed, crossing her arms. "education is important, and i'm not letting you skip a day just because of a headache."

she opened the cupboard behind him and reached for a box that has a plus sign on it. she opened the box, and took out a pack of panadol. she handed it to jimin. "drink this. you'll feel better."

jimin only stared at his mom in disbelief. how could she care more about his education than his own health? "but mom- i don't think the medicine will help, my head feels so-"

"i said no, jimin!" she slammed the kitchen table beside her, her face now slightly pink; she's exploded.

"what would your teacher say if you skip a day of school just because of a light headache?!"

they wouldn't give a shit, but okay, i guess. jimin thought, not looking at his mom.

"okay, mom, i'm sorry— i'll go get ready."

his mom looked like she wanted to say something, but jimin quickly made his way to the bathroom.

"are you okay, jimin?" asked the light brown haired boy, taehyung, with a concerned look plastered on his face. his hand reached out to jimin's shoulders, but jimin quickly brushed it off.

"y-yeah, tae," the black haired boy stuttered, his face went pale. "i'm okay. you dont have to worry about me."

taehyung sighed. he leaned his head to see jimin's face clearly—because the boy kept avoiding his eyes—and he tried once again to pat his shoulder. jimin flinched, but let him. "you sure? you've been quiet since class started,"

"yeah, sorry i'm just tired i guess— i went home late last night." jimin immediately regrets saying this, so he tried to change the subject. "anyways um- i'm going to the toilet so, see you in a bit." he stood up from his chair and took a step, but his legs are still hurting— he lost his balance.

taehyung's reflexes reacted fast; he held jimin's arms to help jimin—who's very flustered right now—regain his balance back.

"are your legs fine?" tae helped jimin sit down, eyeing jimin's legs with a worried look. "let me see." tae scooted down to check jimin's legs.

"no tae, it's fine-" but taehyung had already rolled up jimin's pants.

jimin could feel the cold and disgusted stares the girls are giving to him right now. but he couldn't care less- right now his feelings are too mixed up to really care about what's going to happen to him after school.

tae stroked jimin's bruised right leg. "i knew it— it's swollen. we need to treat this quickly, otherwise it's going to get worse." jimin just sat there, looking down to meet taehyung's eyes. taehyung gave him a warm smile and took jimin's hand.

"let's go to the infirmary."

——
THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY BORING FUCJ IM SORR Y-  also my vocab knowledge sucks ass,, gtg cancel myself !

also i'm sorry for updating so long??¿? i write whenever i feel like it dhdjd you can find me on twitter tho!! my @ is palepinktae 😩👌

ok this story is abt arcanum; it's basically an antique shop which sells mysterious antique things. the antiques they sell has this mystical power, and it is a benefit to the buyer but there's always a catch to it.