☀14

I ran upstairs to my apartment and just stood there when I saw the door open. I froze, how couldn't I? He's here. "It's fine, Yeseul. Face him." I muttered to myself. "He's an ass for leaving, but you forgive him."

Lie.

"You're okay."

Lie.

I ran inside and saw Jungkook talking to Injung. The two of them paused and stared at me. "Injung? Why are you here?" I asked, hesitantly moving beside Jungkook.

Stay calm.

"I was just . . . I want to see Jiyu."

I glanced at Jungkook and gave him a look, telling him to leave so we could talk. He hesitated for a few seconds before nodding and leaving the room. I turned to face Injung, "You want to see Jiyu? Why?" I questioned.

"Well, for one, she's my daughter."

"You didn't want her."

"That was before, Yeseul. I miss her, and I want to talk to her." He said, opening the bedroom door where Jiyu, Eunji, and Jungkook are. He carried Jiyu and turned to me. "I'm taking her with me." He said.

"Excuse me?"

"She's my daughter."

"No way in hell am I letting you do that."

"Oh please, what can you do?" He questioned.

"She's not your daughter; she's mine." I said, completely blocking the doorway. "I'm not letting her live in an apartment, Yeseul." He uttered. "Sorry, I'm not letting you take her," Jungkook calmly took Jiyu away from Injung and held her tight, while Eunji fished her phone from her pocket and said, "I'm calling the police."

"Don't." I ordered. "Injung, you better leave."

"I'm not leaving here until —"

"Leave us alone!" I shouted. "I don't want you here! Can't you tell?!" I was restraining myself. I was trying so hard not to cry as well, which didn't really end well. I despise him. "Leave!"

So much.

"I'm . . . I'm not giving up on Jiyu. You should know that." He warned before leaving. "I want my daughter."

"Whatever, Injung. Just go."

"So that's the jerk?" Eunji crossed her arms when we heard the door close. I crouched down and covered my face with my hands. It feels like I'm ten again, crying in the corner of my room and thinking that I was better off without my father

"I'm gonna find a better man. Someone really better than him, and - and he's going to regret leaving us." Mom uttered, wiping her tears away with the back of her hand. "He'll take us to watch movies, we'll have picnics together, spend school family days together."

"Mom —"

"We'll have a better life without that piece of shit." She spat, chugging alcohol from her third bottle. "And you? I'm not letting him get you. You're my daughter, and he's no one."

"Mom, stop drinking."

"'I am in love with you and I'll take responsibility', my foot. Those were all lies." She continues to curse the hell out of my father. "But . . . why did he have to leave?" And then starts sobbing.

I'm being just like mom.