Chapter 49: Hearts of the Undead

Eren sits in the front with his puppy and the girl sits in the back seat.

"What's your name?" Levi asks her while driving.

"Mina... Mina Carolina." The girl mumbles quietly.
Eren pats merlin softly on the head before he turns to the girl.

"Want a hold? He won't bite." He offers.
The girl sits quiet for a moment before nodding, and Eren passes Merlin over, shifting in his seat so he can watch them the whole time.

She giggles a little and pats him. "He's very sweet" she hums and Levi inwardly calms down through a sigh.

"I'm training him to be a nice puppy.  He's very friendly. He only ever gets angry if you take away his toys. Oh, and he is very protective of me and Levi." Eren smiles a little, Merlin goes to lick the girls face giving her kisses making her giggle even more.

"He even shits in his tray not around the house" Levi smirks to himself. "Which way, girl?" He asks her and she directs Levi who nods and continues driving.

The trip is fairly calming for both Eren and Levi. It makes them feel more relaxed and on the bright side,  they got rid of the pest laying around the house.

"Bye Mina!" Eren shouts, waving Merlin's paw to say bye bye.

"BYE BYE TAXI DRIVERS HUSBAND!" she chuckles and skips off.

Levi sighs and turns the car heading a course for home. "Poor girl."

"She's very sweet." Eren hums leaning back and pulling Merlin close to his chest.
"She doesn't deserve what happened to her."

"Kenny's a sick freak. I hope he gets hit by a bus" Levi scowls. Kenny fucked up. But he has no mercy for Kenny. He hates his guts. "Sure. I admit that one night with him was fun... and i used to love him as a kid. You know, when i was young and stupid."

Eren sighs with a nod.
"Yes. .. he meant well. But... you two are just too different."

"Tch" Levi holds Eren's hand and keeps his eyes on the road sighing.

The car ride is filled with a comfortable silence between them as they drive through the night. Their hands joined. Levi focuses on the road and Eren tries to calm down his puppy.
They finally reach their street.

"...Adain said he'd call Me." Ereb mumbles.

"Adian... right he did to. Hey. Just be calm. Don't stress about it" Levi soothes running his thumb over Eren's knuckles like he always does when trying to calm the boy.

"I'm not stressing..." Eren mutters quietly, squeezing Levi's small hand.
"I want to talk to him... I won't hurt him... I know I won't eat him either. I can't. "

"I have more to worry about than him" Levi chuckles and squeezes his hand back.

"Yeah... Do you think he will actually call me?"

"I'm not sure... infact when he said he would. I'm not sure if even he knew, Eren. Only time will tell."

"I hope he does..." Eren sighs. Once at their humble abode the two retreat to their bedroom. The house now rid of Kenny.

The next day Eren is up early and he's been staring at his phone for hours waiting.

"Eren. Just. Put it away alright... you're scaring me a little." Levi says.

"I'm waiting for him to call, Levi. He said he would."

His boyfriend only sighs and hugs him.

The boy leans into Levi's arms and drapes one arm over him before focusing on his phone once more.