Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Millie's POV

I laid in my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. My phone rang at my side, knowing immediately it was Finn.

"Good morning, gorgeous."

"Good morning," I smiled into the phone.

"Had enough of me yet?"

"Enough of you? Never," I teased.

"Good, I'm picking you up at 8 tonight so be ready."

"And where are we going exactly?"

"Well then it's not a surprise," he paused, "wear something comfortable." I could hear him smiling through the phone.

"Finn," I paused, realizing he had already hung up the phone. I put my phone back down next to me, staring at the ceiling once more with a faint smile. Ever since I met Finn a week and a half ago, everything in my life has changed. He makes me happier than I can even put into words. He makes me actually want to get up in the morning, and makes me look at life in a new perspective. God, even just saying his name puts a smile on my face. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss last night. I know this is very cliché, but I could feel the sparks- thousands of them. For those few seconds, I forgot about everything else in my life. All of the negative things just released into thin air, and nothing else in the world mattered. When I woke up this morning, all of those feelings hit me all at once. It was weird because I know I should be out of this world happy, and I am, but something deep down inside of me didn't feel right. Deep down inside, I just felt some sort of sadness or guilt. Whatever it was,  I had never been able to get rid of it.  I have always had this feeling, and even right now when I feel like I'm at my happiest, something is telling me otherwise. 

I tried to stop thinking about it by making my bed and getting my day started. I told myself over and over that tonight was gonna be a good night, trying to shake off any feeling of negativity that was in my body. After the day slowly went by, I began to get ready for the night that was to come. Keeping in mind that Finn said I should dress comfortably, I picked out an oversized sweater and black leggings. I put on a little makeup and was doing final touches when I heard the doorbell ring downstairs. Once again, my parents weren't home, so I quickly ran downstairs and opened the door. Once it was opened, I noticed Finn standing in a black t-shirt and jeans, holding a small bouquet of dark red roses.

"You are such a cliché, Wolfhard," I smiled.

"I try," he smirked, taking a step in, "you look gorgeous, by the way." I smiled and blushed, closing the door behind me as I took a step outside. I took the flowers from his hand, my smile growing larger.

"The flowers are beautiful, Finn." I said quietly.

"Ready to go?" He stuck out his hand, gesturing for me to grab it.

"Of course," I said, interlacing my fingers with his. He opened the car door for me and quickly ran around to the driver's seat. After about a 25-minute drive full of singing, talking, and laughing, we pulled into a large lot. He pulled into one of the back spots, so that we were away from the few other cars that were there. He climbed out of the car and went into the backseat, grabbing multiple pillows and blankets that I hadn't noticed. He began to lay them all out, layering blankets and piling pillows on top of one another in the trunk of his pick-up truck. As I got out of the car, I noticed the large projection screen yards ahead of us.

"A drive-in," I smiled, "old school."

"I figured it'd be a little more fun than just watching movies in a basement," he said, still sorting through the pillows and blankets. I laughed, jumping into the trunk and immediately pulling the blankets over me. He climbed in soon after, laying down right next to me. At this point, the movie had already started, but we picked up right away. After a few minutes of watching the movie, Finn turned on his side, facing me. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye and smiled, quickly turning back to the screen.