1 || thantophobia

↱ (n.) the phobia of losing someone you love ↲

Staring up at the night sky, Luna let the tears fall down. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to steady her breaths. When her breaths slowed down a bit, she leaned back against the tree. Her mind was focused on one thing and only on one thing; her friend. She tried so hard to stop thinking about her but it never worked. Her friend had just left her, and it hurt so bad. 

The stars shined above her, trying to get her attention. The twinkled and glistened, but nothing could take Luna's mind away from her dead friend.  Suddenly more tears fell from her eyes and she quickly covered her mouth with her hand, letting out a loud gasp. 

She was hurting so much, but no one was there to soothe her. Luna felt something inside of her stir and she quickly got up. Fishing her house key out of her pocket, she sprung to the backside of her house towards the garage and unlocked the door.

Once inside, she looked around, in search for her blue bicycle. It was dark there, so she opened up the flashlight on her phone. She moved it around the garage till she found her bike and quickly lead it out. 

She locked the garage behind her and hopped onto her bike, making sure she put her phone in her bike's basket so it wouldn't fall from her pockets. Then she pulled out of the driveway and drove down the street. 

The wind blew her hair everywhere and she had to stop a few times just so she could brush her hair out of her face. She couldn't find a hair tie to pull her hair up with, so she ended up holding her hair to her side with her left hand while driving on the bike with her right. 

It was dark outside and not one sound was heard except the bicycles tires on the ground. The tears had long  ago dried up, but Luna felt that if she had thought about her friend again the tears would well up like a river. 

Luna glanced up at the sky, seeing the moon and the stars in all their glory. Her eyes widened when she could some kind of shape within the stars; like a butterfly. 

She swore it looked like it, and she was so focused on looking up at the sky that she didn't notice the car speeding down the road she was on. 

One thing happened first; Luna saw the light of the car. Second, she dropped her hand that was holding up her hair to the handlebar grip, trying to regain her balance that she lost when she saw the car.

Her breath hitched and she could see the car coming closer. But why didn't she just swing to the other side, you'd think? Well, her bicycle breaks had broken which led to the handlebar also breaking with it. 

So she did what any mad human would do in that situation; she jumped.  And you can say that she regretted it the second she did, because when she jumped from the bike, the car had also stopped.