Chapter 1

This is the first chapter of my second book and I hope you enjoy and don't be shy, comment on what you think! :)

~

"You of all people, Shepard Darien, should know that I don't drink!" Vanessa says, crossing her arms over her chest and frowning.

"Sorry, sorry. I don't know what you want." I shrug, putting the cup down on the hood of someone's car. The heat from the fire was making me sweat. "Women are confusing." I mumble, small smile on my face.

"Its fine. Lucky you're cute." She smiles and shoves me playfully. I roll my eyes.

"So when's this bonfire over anyways?" I ask, looking around at all the people. Some were just talking and some were dancing to the music. I honestly didn't want to come here. Vanessa forced me to come here and since she's my best friend, I had to. Well, my only friend really.

"In awhile. Why? Not having fun? There's an after party." She shrugs, looking around also. She tosses her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder and she smiles up at me.

"A what? It's almost eleven and there's an after party? Geez, you people are crazy." I shake my head. I don't like hanging out with other high schoolers. I don't like hanging out with people in general. I'd rather be laying down on my bed in just sweatpants with a good big book in my face.

She laughs. "It's fun. You should really get out more. I mean, don't your parents want you to get laid?" She teases, batting her eyelashes.

"My parents are homophobic jerks that we should not speak of." I growl. I dislike my parents with a great fiery passion but I'm a good kid and I listen to their bullcrap anyways. But she's right. They keep pressuring me to get a girlfriend and go to parties instead of staying home and studying all the time. Not my fault that people are crazy. But it's also very hypocritical because I'm also weird.

"Woah sorry. Didn't mean to bring it up." She chuckles nervously and her light green eyes wander back over to the swarm of people around the huge fire.

"Whatever." I shake it off and take a sip of my drink. I see her staring fondly at something and I look over and follow her gaze.

Blake Martinez.

His trademark smirk plastered on his face as he talks to some girl, arm wrapped around her waist and head bent to whisper in her ear. She giggles at something he said.

I roll my eyes and look back over at Vanessa. She sighs and looks over at me. "Another hookup? Not surprising." I chuckle.

"She's not a hookup. That's his girlfriend. You know that I heard that he was bisexual." She said, getting my attention. My eyebrows shoot up and I stare wide eyed at her.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah. Someone spread a rumor around seeing him being sucked off by another guy beside a gas station. But that rumor quickly died out because he started dating Fallon." She shrugs like it's no big deal. "He doesn't even go to our school yet he comes to most of the school events. Just because his girlfriend is in our school." She rolls her eyes.

"I didn't know that." I look back over at them, secretly watching Blake.

"You know, Fallon Krugman is like, one of the baddest girls in school. I heard that she once went to jail for......" and she kept babbling on. I didn't really listen. Instead, I was too busy watching Blake flirt casually with Fallon.

I see know why all the girl are head over heels for him. His intimidating stance, his sharp jawline, his high-cheekboned face, and of course, his perfectly sculpted red and plump lips and his bright green and hazel eyes. And his hair that stuck up in random places that made him look even hotter. Everything about him was tough and intimidating. No wonder all the guys disliked him. He gets all the girls.