Real or Not

His dark crimson eye bore into her emerald wide eyes. Neither of them said a word for what felt like hours. Finally, he broke the silence, "Lizzie?" He did not know why she was here, let alone in his room. Nor did she know why he had chosen to come back, and why he has waited so long to do so. "Why are you in my bedroom?"

"Why did you come back?" She shot back at him. Placing her hands on her hips. An action that has become new to her. Before she would have started crying with his appearance, for him showing up after being 'dead' all of these years. Now she seems far from how she used to, far from the Lizzie that he knew.

"The reason for my return is none of your business." His tone was colder than ever, and it frightened her to see him now. His tone, and the way he glared daggers at her as if she was an enemy sent chills down her spine, ones of fear. She watched as his eye went back to their normal color, and that is also when she noticed that he seemed so much taller and older, wiser than he used to be. 'Of course, he seems this way, it has been years' she thought to herself as she tried to find something else to say to him.

Sighing she answered him, "It helps me think." He stared at her, wondering how such a place as this could help a young lady think...

"Can't you do that in your own room at your own home?"

Walking to him, so that she could leave, she paused and placed a hand on his chest. "you have been gone for a while and there are some things that I rather not speak of. There are things that should come as a shock to most, but for you, I'm sure you'll manage."

"What are you talking about?" He spat.

"You have been gone for quite some time now." With that said she walked away and down the hall and into her own room at his home. Closing the door behind her she leaned her back against it, gripping her chest as a single tear fell from her eyes.

~ Lizzie's POV ~

I woke the next morning with the sun in my eyes, 'I had forgotten to close the curtains last night before I went to bed'. Sighing I got up to get dressed for the day. Looking into the mirror at my vanity mirror I noticed that my hair was a total mess, and I began to run a brush through it. There were a few tangles but after a few minutes, I was finished. I did, a few other daily morning routines before calling for Mey-Rin. I rang for Mey-Rin who came to my room quickly. She seemed off this morning somehow which made me wonder if what I had dreamt last night was real or did I imagine it. "Is there something the matter?" I asked her, as I could feel her fingers shake as she stitched up my corset.

"No milady." Was a simple answer, and her voice seemed to waver. Seeing her in the mirror I could tell that she was lying, and I didn't like it. I could tell that today was going to be one of those days as I waited for her to finish up. It took her longer than it usually did, and she seemed to be somewhere else as she did her work.

"Mey-rin, what is it." My tone was annoyed, and I wanted to really climb back into bed and got to sleep, but I knew that is not what a lady does.

"It is nothing milady, nothing to worry about. Shall I get your usual prepared for this morning?"

"Yes please, that would be lovely, thank you."

She left quickly and almost ran into the door before opening it. Yes, something really is going on, and shortly I will find out what that something is.