Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Erikka's P.o.v.

Percy just laughed. "She reminds me of myself when I got here." A clacking sound came from my left. I looked over in time to see Grover walk in with a basket of ping pong balls and a can of spray cheese.

"See? I told you. She's another ticking sass bomb just waiting to explode. Except this one's more of a klutz." I glared at him as he ate a cheesy ping pong ball. Grover gave me a shrug before plopping down in a seat next to where Chiron was standing.

"What's the problem?" Redhead asked, sitting on the edge of a tan sofa.

Percy started explaining what ha happened, some of which I thought was a bit harsh. "I was not that bad!" Percy laughed some more, his blue-green eyes shining. Is that all that guy does?

"Uh, yeah. You were worse than the first time I got here. But you kept trying which is why I offered to work with you." I pouted dramatically. "Well, after we took a break, she still wasn't good, but instead of advancing, she started going backwards." Redhead threw her hair brush in the air and caught it.

"So?"

"So, she got shoved into the shadows. That's when she started getting good. It reminded me of when I got good against Luke after the water, so I threw some water at her to see if that was what it was." He stopped and looked at us all. "The water hit the palm of her hand and just disappeared. As in 'poof,' gone."

I glanced at my palms and poked their fleshiness. They were solid as ever with nothing going through. The small group glanced at me as I played with my hands, searching for a sink hole. "Percy, what's the problem?" Grover asked, not catching on.

"Don't you see? It has to be from the pro-"

"Probably best not to jump to conclusions, you're right Percy." My eyes darted between the two, trying to figure out why they were so bad at finishing each other's sentences. It reminded me of in Frozen when Anna says 'sandwiches' rather than 'sentence' when she was trying to finish his sentence.

The redhead gasped. "But Chiron! He's right! She has to be-"

"Claimed first? I completely agree, Rachel." By this interruption, I was sure that Chiron was trying to keep me in the dark about something.

I sighed. "Listen, if you are going to talk about me like I'm not here, can I actually NOT be here? I would love to get out of this armor." Chiron nodded his scruffy head.

"Of course. Rachel and Percy, please stay." Rachel pouted while Percy just nodded. "Grover, take her back to the armory to return her gear, please." The satyr nodded as he popped one more ping pong ball into his mouth.

He got up and grabbed my elbow before pulling me out of the room. "So, we meet again, kind goat." I say in my best attempt at a medieval knight's voice.

I was rewarded by a small chuckle. Suddenly a green blur rushed towards us. "GROVER! Have you seen the kids? Oh no. Millie is going to kiiiiiill me. Unless Gleason gets to me first. One second they were here and the next? I have no idea!" I assumed that the girl clinging to Grover was his girlfriend Juniper that he'd mentioned earlier.

Green tears were falling down her cheeks as she looked up at him. Kissing the top of her head, Grover addressed me. "Look, I need to help her, just go to the armory and then enjoy your free time, ok?" I gaped at him, remembering the last time he'd left me to wonder the camp alone. Yet, even I could tell that Juniper needed him, and I'd never been in a relationship in my life. So I nodded and he quickly led her away.

I found my way to the armory just fine, but after putting my stuff away, I had no idea where to go. Not really caring anymore, I let my feet carry me somewhere. Apparently, they enjoy putting me in places where people hate me. I walked into the forgery, following the sound of metal banging on metal. Fire was spewing from the forge when I walked in, flames engulfing a guy in a white shirt who could really fill out a pair of jeans.