the attack.

"I think the main question is this; Do you still consider yourself a New Yorker?"

Peter asked his sister as they rounded the corner of the street. The top of Stark Tower was in front of them and Parkers anxiety level grew as more and more floors of the building revealed itself. She hated heights.

Peter saw his sisters reaction, "Oh," He remembered his sister and heights, he remembered her friend, "Don't worry, I can catch you if you fall."

All Parker could do is stare at Peter. Did he know? Was he too young, was it too long ago? Because seeing an apartment building was enough to make her feel sick. "You'll be lucky to see me go above the third floor."

"It won't happen" He knew. Of course he remembered Parker thought, it had sent her to the police station. She chose not to think about it a lot, in fact she was surprised that this was the first time Jeremiah came into her mind.

"That's we we all fucking said Peter, and look what happened," She said painfully, his death was what sent her over the edge but it was an edge she needed to jump from, "Don't curse it Peter."

"There was nothing you could have done." Peter regretted the words as soon as he said them. Of course they could have done something; could have stopped mixing alcohol with heights.

"Oh stop it, we could have been so much more. He could have been so much more."

"I thought your survivors guilt would have been cured, you being a nurse and everything." Peter knew she had already talked through it all, she was forced to after all. It was just nerves, it was easier to think about the past and what should have happened rather than what she should do now.

Parker snapped out of it, she had spent too much of her life mourning her past. She would never fully stop but now wasn't the time.

"Some of us are just incurable Peter," She looked back up, "Like a fear of heights."

"Come on, after all you've dealt with in your twenty five odd years of living you can deal with this Cathy." He gestured for her to follow him.

"There's a difference between dealing with superpowers and heights. And I'm only just beginning to believe in one of those things." Parker told him.

"I deal with both."

"You're part Spider, I think you're the exception." Parker followed her brother worth her sadly sarcastic tone.

"Touché." Peter smiled as he tried to lighten the sombre mood that had fallen over them both.

"Do you think Stark is even -" Parker couldn't finish her sentence before the second strangest thing she had seen today happens before her A solid beam of blue energy filled the sky from the Stark Tower.

Parker felt her face flush and a shiver run up her spine as a screeching sound echoed around the skyscrapers. In that moment like the heart of New York City had been ripped apart. It was Jeremiah's death and Bruce Banner's disappearance all over again.

"Are you..." Peter tailed off his sentence as he stood paralysed, half in awe and half in fear.

"I'm seeing it." For a second it felt as if they were the only ones in the crowded street that spoke. But then the portal opened and it unleashing the demons from the Gates of Hell.