How to Import CSV files to Excel

Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program that comes standard in the Microsoft Office Suite. As a spreadsheet program, it is extremely useful for organizing information into separate rows and columns. However, getting information into the Excel spreadsheet is usually a time-consuming process. As Excel works using cells, entering information can be sluggish because the correct cell must be chosen each time information is inputted. A list of information will all appear within one cell instead of down a list of cells. Because of this, it can be very useful to enter information through an alternate format, such as a CSV file, text file, or Microsoft Word file.

A CSV file, or comma-separated value file, is a file that has a list of information. This information is listed and each different value is segregated by a comma. The comma placement tells the computer where a piece of information begins and stops. A CSV file is a very versatile file and can be accessed by many different programs on a computer. One such application is Microsoft Excel. A CSV file is able to tell Microsoft Excel where information starts and ends so the information can be placed in separate cells very quickly.

One way of importing a CSV file into Microsoft Excel is to just open the CSV file within Microsoft Excel. This can be done by first starting a blank Excel workbook. Then, select the Microsoft Office button in the upper left hand corner of the Excel window. From here, click the 'Open' button. Then, browse through your computer's contents until you find the desired CSV file. Click on the file and then click 'Open'. The CSV file will open in Excel and data will be separated into cells based upon default data format settings. While this seems a simple process, it can become puzzling and messy if many CSV files must be opened in the Excel spreadsheet.

Luckily, there is an application attainable through http://www.hothotsoftware.com/ms_excel_import_text_csv_files_software/ to satisfy your specific needs. First, go to the http://www.hothotsoftware.com/ms_excel_import_text_csv_files_software/ website to search for 'How to Import CSV files into Excel'. The result will be software that is written specifically to meet your needs for importing data. First, launch the software and notice that it consists of one window. This makes the software easy to understand for anyone. The top half of the window lists any CSV files that you want to import to an Excel file. These files can be included in the list using the 'Add File(s)' button to add them individually or all CSV files in a certain folder can be included using the 'Add File(s) by type' button. Below this field are some choices for how you want the data shown. All the files can be imported to a single sheet or the different files an be placed into separate sheets. You can also specify how data is broken up in the CSV file, whether it be by using a comma, blank spaces, or some other character. Then, click the 'Import Text Data to Excel Now' to start the application.

To find out more about this software, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNXVCr98nOY. [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/ms_excel_import_text_csv_files_software/ CSV files] are very useful for organizing and moving data. Use this program to centralize that information into an organized Excel spreadsheet.