Easy methods to Import Word Documents into Excel

Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program that comes standard in the Microsoft Office Suite. As a spreadsheet program, it is very useful for organizing information into separate rows and columns. However, getting information into the Excel spreadsheet can be a time-consuming task. As Excel works using cells, entering information can be slow since the correct cell must be chosen each time information is entered. A list of information will all appear within one cell rather than down a list of cells. Because of this, it can be very helpful to enter information through an alternate format, such as a CSV file, text file, or Microsoft Word file.

One way of importing a Microsoft Word file into Microsoft Excel is to simply open the Word file within Microsoft Excel. Before the file can be opened it must first be stored as a text file. To do this, open the Word document and then click the Microsoft Office button in the upper left hand corner. Then, go down to the 'Save As' option and click it. Then, go to the 'File Type' drop down and select 'Plain Text'. This will save the Word document as a text file. To then open this in Excel, first open a blank Excel workbook. Then, click the Microsoft Office button in the upper left hand corner of the Excel window. From here, click the 'Open' button. Then, look through your computer's contents until you find the chosen text file. Select the file and then click 'Open'. The text file will open in Excel and data will be separated into cells based upon standard data format settings. While this appears a simple process, it can become confusing and messy if many text files need to be opened in the Excel spreadsheet.

Fortunately, there is an application attainable through http://www.hothotsoftware.com/excel-import-word-documents-into-ms-excel_software/ to meet your specific needs. First, go to the http://www.hothotsoftware.com/excel-import-word-documents-into-ms-excel_software/ website to search for 'How to Import Word documents into Excel'. The result will be software that is written specifically to meet your needs for importing data. First, launch the software and notice that it consists of one window. This makes the software easy for anyone to understand. The top portion of the window lists any Word documents that you want to import to an Excel file. These files can be included in the list using the 'Add File(s)' button to add them individually or all Word documents in a particular folder can be added using the 'Add File(s) by type' button. Below this field are some options for how you want the data displayed. All the files can be imported to a single sheet or the different files can be put into different sheets. There is also the option to import both the text and pictures from a Word document into an Excel file. You can also choose how data will be broken up in the Excel file. This refers to whether new columns should be created in the Excel file as the text is imported. You can specify that a new column be created every time a certain character occurs, whether it be a comma, blank spaces, or some other character.

To learn more about this software, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QefezuBpl7E. CSV files are very useful for managing and [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/excel-import-word-documents-into-ms-excel_software/ moving data.] Use this program to centralize that information into an organized Excel spreadsheet.