Cleric Beast

The Cleric Beast will be found in Central Yharnam ( The Great Bridge )

After defeating the Cleric Beast, he will drop the Sword Hunter Badge.

The Sword Hunter Badge unlocks The Kirkhammer, The Hunter Cheif Emblem, The Repeating Pistol, and the Hand Lantern.

...............................................................................................................

He has many attacks. Here are a few

-Swings both arms back for a grab that deals massive damage

-One armed slash (with furred arm)

-Ground pound (with furless arm)

-Rapid slashes that cover the width of the bridge (swings 2-4 times while moving foward)

-Claw Slam (followed by either a charge or shockwave from lifting the claw up Leaping attack (leaps high into the air and slams down on top of you)

-Charge attack (sprints forward with a slash)

......................................................................................................................

The Cleric Beast will be your primer for the bosses of Bloodborne. He's large, has crazy strength, will destroy everything and anything around him, and can easily kill you if you don't react fast enough. He also has a few weak points that you can take advantage of.

The beast will often favor its larger furry clawed arm for long slashes and smashing, while it's smaller right arm is often used for pounding the ground or a swift backhand. It will also leap into the air and crash down on you, or use its long slamming attack to either pull back with a large wave of force, or pull itself forward into a charge. Adding to the difficulty is the relatively narrow arena of the bridge, and things can quickly get disoriented if you get trapped behind a wall of his furred form.

You can target two parts of his body - his chest and his head. His head is actually his weak point, which - if timed right - you can damage to stun him, and prompt a visceral attack. You can either toss a molotov straight to his face, interrupt him with a shot from your firearm, or use a heavy attack on his head if he has it lowered enough. The windows to stun him are extremely brief, but they can be done - and do a ton of damage. For the rest of the fight, watch for his wide swings, and then try to dodge roll behind him. He'll have a harder time getting you from the back, especially near his right leg. Don't linger too long, as he'll often give you a swift backhand to knock you into view.

As always, don't worry if you die - just remember how you died, and how you could have avoided it. Take time to learn all of his different attacks, how fast and how far they reach, and how long they leave him open for. Some attacks are too risky to counter, while others can be punished if you get behind him. If you do try and use molotovs, consider tossing an oil jar on him first to maximize the damage.

Optional Method: While the Cleric Beast is the first boss you can face, and is a required boss due to the key you can buy after beating him - he doesn't have to be the first boss to die. If you skip the Cleric Beast and go defeat the second boss instead, you can continue on to the - where a large gate will eventually block your progress. If you return to Gilbert at this point, he will give you the , a short flamethrower that when coupled with an Oil Jar, can do massive damage to the Cleric Beast over a short period.

Once you finally manage to beat him, you'll be awarded the , and you can now buy the weapon in the Hunter's Dream (as well as the Hunter Chief Emblem to unlock a gate in the Cathedral Ward.) You'll also gain a new waypoint from this part of the bridge, as the Cleric Beast will trouble you no more.