Chapter 11: Back on the Enterprise

Galaxy landed harshly on the ground, collapsing once more. "Why do I always land on my chest and get the wind knocked out of me," complained Galaxy as he shook his head.

"Aye, so this is a Starship. I like it," exclaimed Jock as he rose to his paws, his tail wagging madly.

Jim then groaned as he sat up, twisting his back slightly as he looked around. "Jock, Galaxy, me. Where's Mr. Scott," asked Jim.

There was a sudden pounding sound as Jock turned sharply and gasped in surprise as he saw his friend's face. He seemed to be pushed through the tubes, slamming his fists on the tube.

"Scotty," cried Jock as he pelted after them with his eyes round and panting as he went.

Galaxy continued to dart after Jock, passing him and Scotty. She then skidded to a halt with her eyes widened as she saw gears seeming to grind the water. "Jim, the water!"

Jim gasped as he rushed forward, gripping a wheel looking thing and trying to turn it. Galaxy then darted forward and used her wings and paws to do the same. She growled to herself as they managed to turn it ever so slightly.

A panel opened and Scotty went flying, splattering against the ground. Galaxy made a face as she strode forward and looked down at him, sniffing his face.

Jock pelted forward and whimpered before he licked Scotty's face. Scotty then lifted his head and coughed heavily, vomiting up water. He then shook his head as he sat upward.

"Thank goodness," breathed Jock as he leaped against Scotty as Scotty started to stroke him affectionately.

"I'm alright, Jock. I'm okay. Just a little waterlogged." He continued to rub at his ears. "But, I don't think that we should do it again."

Galaxy chuckled before the door opened. Crew members that looked pretty angry came toward them and Galaxy slightly growled as a man came toward her with a leash. Galaxy snarled as she drew back, nearly pushing Jim over.

Jim lifted his hands. "Okay, if you want her to do this then okay. But, I want to hold her. She will be better if I take her," he reassured.

The man thrust a leash at Galaxy before Jim kneeled down and made a loop with the leash. "Okay, Gal. I know that you don't like this, but it will be quick, I promise."

Galaxy didn't say anything as Jim placed the leash around her neck. He pulled her softly while Scotty did the same thing with Jock. Jock drew forward with Galaxy coming forward.

"Is this usually what it's like in here," whispered Jock.

Galaxy shook her head. "I mean, I haven't been here long enough, but I don't think so. We were kind of thrown off for mutiny, so this is probably for us."

Jock nodded as they strode forward and to the bridge. Galaxy was surprised to see everyone looking at her once more. She would have given anything to just be a normal crew member. But, thanks to Jim, that would probably never happen.

"Galaxy," rumbled Akaylar as he came forward, but Sulu extended a hand so that Akaylar couldn't come near her.

"What are you doing back here. How did you get back on this ship?" The young Spock came forward as he gazed down at them, narrowing his eyes at them.

Jock looked over to Galaxy. "Should I answer or should I just stand here?"

"I asked you a question," pressed Spock as he faced Jim and Scotty.

"Don't answer," Jim whispered.

"You will answer me," growled Spock.

Scotty looked back and forth to each of them. "I'd rather not take sides."

"What's with you, Spock? You planet was just destroyed, your mother murdered, and you act like you don't even care," Jim pressed.

Jock drew over to Galaxy with round eyes. "Does your friend understand what he's doing? I have a feeling that he's not going to like the result of this."

"Yeah, Jim, do you know what you're doing," growled Galaxy as he drew away from Jim and pulled the leash from his hand, letting out a breath of relief as she tensed her shoulders.

"What's it like not to feel love or heartbreak," inquired Jim.

"Step away from me," ordered Spock.

"How did you feel when the women who gave birth to you died. You felt nothing! You never loved her!"

Spock suddenly lunged for Jim. Galaxy yelped as she sprang backwards and nearly fell into both Jock and Akaylar. The three of them took a few steps back with worry showing on their faces at seeing their captain and first officer just brawling in the middle of the bridge.

Galaxy tensed her shoulders and was about to leap forward, but Akaylar stepped in front of him. "Don't. It's not going to be worth it. He got himself into this mess and he can get himself out of it."

"I'm not so sure about that, lad," confessed Jock as he watched Spock throw Jim down on a table and began to choke him.

Jim gagged and coughed as he tried to breathe with his eyes filling in pain. He struggled to breathe as Galaxy whimpered.

"Spock!"

Spock drew back before Galaxy pelted forward, whimpering and pressing her head against against Jim's leg. Jim lowered down and began to cough painfully. Galaxy nuzzled him, forgetting about how angry she had been earlier as he scratched her between the ears. "I'm okay, Galaxy. I'm okay."

Spock then looked around and then looked down. "I have been emotionally compromised. I'm withdrawing myself as captain." With that he left and that just let the murmurs.

"Great, now what," muttered Pulse as he drew himself forward, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

"Pulse," gasped Galaxy as she darted forward.

The two touched noses affectionately before Pulse looked around. "Again, now what?"

"Now we have no captain and no first officer to replace him with," Bones growled as he came in and joined Pulse at his side.

"Yes you do," Jim replied as he came up to the chair and gave a whistle.

Galaxy strode up with wide eyes. She had went from stranded to in charge in a matter of hours.

"Pike made him first officer," explained Sulu.

Bones rolled his eyes. "Well, that's just great. Now we're really doomed."