Chapter 1

Waiting until the dark of the night came, I snuck out of my room and quickly ran towards the Garrison Cadet Academy to meet up with Pidge for our nightly rendevou routine we always did since she was accepted into the Academy. We always came out to listen for alien chatter about the Kerberos mission to see if there was anything other information regarding of what happened to our family that went on the mission to Kerberos, the moon of Pluto. Jumping high, I allowed the wind to carry me over the fence, land onto the ground with ease, and avoid the alarm tripwires before meeting up with Pidge 'Katie' Gunderson/Holt on the top roof of the main building. Who am I? Well, I am Pidge's older adoptive sister called Kajera 'Gunderson'/Holt and I am on a mission with her to find out more about our family.

Catching my breath, I looked over at my sisters' side to see her closing her eyes, with all of her equipment out in front of her and had her headphones on to listen in on the chatter. I can see why she looks like a boy with the short, choppy brown hair, brown eyes, ivory skin, with a green and white sweater that went up the neck, grey shorts, and brown and white, with a black line outlining the top, shoes. But what could give her away as a girl would possibly be her personality as one or her girly eyelashes as another. That's why she covers them up with huge circle glasses but I think that she now relies on them all the time.

I sat down next to her and meditate to wait for the outcome. In contrast to my sister, I had a light brown skin-tone, an aqua blue marking on my lower right arm, that wrapped itself around my arm once as a bracelet, waist-length auburn hair that had silver highlights in it, that I was apparently born with, that I keep tied in a tight braid with short bangs over my forehead to cover the scar, that I got when I first woke up from a coma, that went across my forehead in a jagged way, bright blue eyes, a maroon colored long-sleeve shirt that had a medium circle neckline, blue jeans, and maroon colored shoes. The clear crystal necklace I always wore around my neck glowed a bright silver light to chase away the darkness and allow us to see in the dark while my old wooden horn, that was given to me by Commander Holt himself, was attached to the black rope belt I wore with my jeans. Suddenly, I heard someone say, "You come up here to rock out?" scaring the heck out of my sister as she struggles to maintain her cover while quickly taking off her headphones and turning to see a young man behind us with another young man that was crawling towards us on his elbows, fingers, knees, and feet slowly towards us in this weird way.

Turning with her, I see a skinny boy with a light brown skin-tone, light blue eyes, a sharp nose at the end, thin dark brown eyebrows, short dark brown hair that went a few feet away from his head, wore a green-grey jacket with dark grey and orange rings around it, a light grey shirt with a blue line around the neckline, blue jeans, and light grey shoes with dark grey and blue lines around the soles of the shoes. The other boy crawling towards us was huge, had a tad darker brown skin-tone, with long black hair that went towards his ears and had a thin orange sash around the forehead with the ends sticking out in the back, a long sleeved yellow shirt with a green jacket that was sleeveless and a bit short, light brown pants with dark brown kneecap padding, black short fingerless gloves, light brown pants with dark knee padding on the kneecaps, two light grey packs on each side of the belt, and white and black boots with an orange stripe around the ankle.

"Lance...Hunk....Umm...No, I'm just....looking at the stars," Pidge says trying to cover up what she was really doing.

"Where did you get all this stuff? It doesn't look like Garrison tech," the skinny boy asks while the other boy takes a closer look at my adoptive sisters' tech as I roll my eyes and say, "Of course not. Like we'd ever run with all that lame tech that only runs in well from last year."

That drew the boys attention to me as my sister face-palms herself making me confused. "Who is she? You know visitors aren't allowed here at night," the big boy says frightened while looking around to see if there were any officers about but found none.