Intuition is there to be listened to (Part 2)

I had to get out of there and move quickly. I couldn't sit here fantasizing about a professor that was mad at me and already acting peculiar in front of someone that was obviously there to review him. I had already divulged too much with my stupid emotions on my sleeve.
When class was finally over, I gathered my things and tried to exit as subtly as possible. I didn't want to catch Joe's attention. The last time I'd tried to leave class in his presence, I caught a little... um... detention.
"I was wondering," David said as he stood up and pushed in his seat, "would you like to grab a bite to eat? Maybe go out on the quad or something? If you're free, that is." David's eyes were bearing down on me before I had a chance to stand up.
"I'm sorry. I appreciate you asking, but I don't think that's a good idea." I backed out of my chair and stood up to meet his height.
"Right now, I wouldn't make the best company."
"All right, I understand." But it showed that he didn't.
"Demi!" Joe shouted. "Can I speak to you? Now, please?" Joe stood expectantly behind his podium, drumming his fingers on the surface. The nerve of him. At the end of the day he was still my professor, but he had lost all ability to control my every action.
"I'm sorry, Professor Jonas, but I have plans." I pushed my seat under the table. "And in case you forgot, I need to find another job, and who knows how long that will take? I should probably get to it, don't you think? Being an economics professor, I'm sure you can understand my need to make ends meet." I gave Joe a smug look and hooked my arm around David's. "Looks like I'll be taking you up on the invitation after all, handsome."
Davidsmiled. "Sounds good to me."
To describe Joe's face at that moment wouldn't do it justice. I don't have the words, but what I will say is I felt like I was siphoning back the power that he'd stolen as soon as I walked through the door that morning. I still hadn't conquered my feelings of loss, but I was off to a great start.
***

As soon as we walked out of class, my arm limped out from the coil it was in with David's. I didn't mean to be rude—in fact, it hadn't really crossed my mind—but it was honest and it happened because it should've. I wanted to make Joe jealous. I could admit that. It wasn't the most rational thing to do, but then again, nothing was rational when it came to him and I.
I wasn't interested in David, at least not at that moment. He seemed to be a nice guy and all, and he was beautiful to look at, but I didn't know him well and didn't want to. I hated it, but all my thoughts and emotions were still aimed a Joe, and I suspected they would be for a while. Just a few hours before my public humiliation, I had prepared myself not only to apologize but also to confess that I was falling in love with him. As much as I wanted to snap my fingers and be over it, real life didn't work that way.
"Is everything okay?" David was looking at me inquisitively. I didn't notice it before he caught my attention. Suddenly, I felt bad for the guy. He was a good-looking man and charming as well, and he'd become a third party in a dramatic situation. I was using him to get back at a guy after he'd legitimately asked me out on a date. There was a good chance he'd get caught up in the crossfire between Joe and I, and I knew I was being unfair. But all's fair in love and war, right? I just couldn't help myself. I was upset, and I was going to make Joe as miserable as I was.
"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I lost my job. I've never been fired before."
"Yeah, it does kind of suck. I wouldn't take it too personal, though. It's Professor Jonas loss, not yours, and he knows it."
I gave him a curious look.
"I know it's none of my business, and I should probably stay out of it, but I just don't get it."
I looked up. "What is there to get?" I found myself getting nervous again. I had a feeling that I knew what he meant by that. I only wanted to make Joe squirm, not put his job in jeopardy.
David let out a breath. "Not to bring it up again, but whether the rumors are true or not, I can't understand why any man would not want you near him. You're beautiful, you're obviously intelligent and your outfit is superb today, I must say."
My face flushed. "Thank you." A shy smile emerged. "That was sweet."
"You're welcome. I speak only the truth, as much as I can whenever I can. It keeps my life simple."
"I don't know." I gave him the once-over. "By the looks of you, your life is anything but simple. What is that, an Armani suit? I'm fairly certain no one who lives a simple life can afford something like that, or expensive-looking watches like the one you have on."
David held up his arm and twisted his wrist. "Oh, this old thing? It's just a Rolex, presidential. It's nothing."
"Well, your nothing looks like it would cost me ten years of pay to afford. Actually, now that I'm down to one job, make it twenty years."
"Ah, you exaggerate. I'm sure you'd be able to afford it in fifteen."
I smiled. So, he was good looking, rich, charming and funny. There had to be something off about him, but I wasn't in the mood to find it. He was stroking my ego, and I needed it badly.
The more we talked, the more David began to grow on me. It certainly didn't hurt that he was easy on the eyes. His build was thick, much stouter than Joe's. He was more densely muscled, taller and square-jawed, like a football player. He must've been an athlete at some point, even if it was just in his school years. I filed it in the back of my brain to ask him at a later date, if there ever was one.
It was a bright and shiny day outside, much too warm for the suit David was wearing, but he didn't seem to mind having it on, and I surely didn't mind seeing him in it. We walked out to the guest parking lot, which let me know David wasn't a member of the board. They had special assigned parking for the staff by the front, and we came out the door on the side.
"My lady, your chariot awaits." David pressed the alarm on his key chain and opened the door of a black Aston Martin. It was sleek and low to the ground, looking like something directly off the showroom floor, not something you drive in every day. He gestured with his hand and bowed as I got in. The cream-colored interior looked like the cockpit of an airplane. Instruments and lights stood out and were rather confusing to me. My butt sank and melted in the soft leather seats. It made me feel special just to sit in it.
After letting me in, David walked around the rear of the car. He got in and started the ignition. He turned toward me with a mischievous grin and a curious twinkle in his eye. "I guess this is as good a time as any to tell you my full name."
"Bond... James Bond," I said, doing my best imitation of the spy.
"Not exactly." He laughed. "But you're close. My name is David... David Jonas. Nice to meet you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back baby's hahhaha

Here's a little something I forgot to add into my last update which was a while ago.. I'm sorry I haven't updated in such a long time just been so busy with school and some family stuff but I'm back and I'm gonna try to update the most I can to make all yous happy ❤❤❤
Miss all of yous so much.. love all of you xxxx

I would also like to give a shoutout to one of my favourite people Bby_Lovatics ☺️💕

Vote and comment

Kealy xxx