Nebula Gravis Primo

The laws of existence state that all that is has a beginning and an end. This law is deemed absolute and ntohing exists outside of this law. Everything is born from nothing  and will, inevitably, return to nothing, fading from existence and, eventually, from meory too. In short, nothing lasts forever.

However, over the millenia, many have tried to conquer this law, utlizing technology and the arcane arts to prolong life and obtain powers best left hidden away. Powers that, should they fall into the hands of a mortal, would disrupt the balance of the universe, plunging it into chaos and darkness.

Many legends tell of elixirs and stones, amulets and enchantments, all said to grant immortality, eternal youth, prolonged longevity... yet none have been discovered and all are deemed a matter of legend alone, nothing but myths and dreams.

However, to those more well versed in the anceint history of the world, knowledge of the Immortals exists. Ancient legends tell of the four Gods of Tempus, the only true immortals to exist within the world, the four guaridans of the seasons.

In the wetlands of the south, known as Verviridis, a land of near-constant rain and lush fields of gently sloping hills, where the air is fresh and clear and the trees bear young buds all year round, a land of eternal spring, there lies a temple of white marble, hidden below a lake of crystal water. Within this temple, forgotten eons ago, sleeps the Deity of Spring.

Though he is now forgotten, he once had a name and was known as Eruditio Lacus, God of Water and Light. He was worshipped by many at one time and was known for being a kind-hearted and gentle god that always gave his blessings when asked.

In the mountainous lands to the west, known as Ruberaestas, in a land of bright sun and cool winds, rich forests full of tall trees, bursting with life, locked in an eternal summer, there lies a stone templed buried within a mountain, lost to the ages, wherein sleeps the Deity of Summer. She was once a powerful deity and was known throughout the land as Procella Lapis, Goddess of Fire and Stone.

She was worshipped by many and was known to be kind to those that worked hard and earned their keep in her lands, but was merciless against those that threatened her realm.

In the desolate lands to the west, known as Nigerautumunus, in a land of darkness and death, where the sun rarely shone and the plants and trees withered away, where the grass was never green, the water never clean and the landscape was littered with graves and tombs, a land confined to an eternal Autumn, there lay a temple hidden beneath the catacombs of the deceased, wherein lay the Deity of Autumn.

She was a powerful and much feared deity, known to bring calamity, death and disease to those that did no ill. She was known as Cinis Umbra, Goddess of Wind and Shadow and she was worshipped by only a few, known as the Cult of Umbranox, and she was known as a harbinger of destruction, brining disaster to those least deserving of it.

And finally, in the frozen lands to the north, known as Albushiems, a wilderness of snow and ice, with little vegetation and many monstrous and powerful creatures, where blizzards raged and glaciers formed, where even the sea froze solid in the harsh climate, a land condemned to freeze in an eternal winter, there lay a temple of ice frozen into the mountains and glaciers of the land, wherein slept the Deity of Winter.

He was powerful and deadly, known to bring natural disasters upon cities and countries at a whim, to cause chaos and destruction for nothing more than sheer ammusement and he was named Stiria Gelumorsus, God of Ice and Lightning. None but the darkest monsters worshipped this deity of the frozen lands.

Together, these four continents are known as the Tempus Unitas and at their center there lies a fifth. A continent named Florenspira. Within Florenspira, the seasons change monthly and are in no specific order, yet, over the centuries, as technology has advanced significantly, methods of predicting the next season were developed, making lives easier by granting preperation for the coming seasonal shift.

However, out story begins several centuries before technology became as widely used and when magic and faith were still the prime aspects of the age. Back when the four deities continued to receive worship from their belivers, before they were forgotten.

At this time, there was a conflict between the gods. Procella, Deity of Summer, was opposed to Stiria, the Deity of Winter's acts of destruction and and sought to stop him, but her attempts to quell his thirst for blood failed utterly and she was sent back to her own realm, defeated, for she could not stand up to the dark alliace of Stiria, Deity of Winter and Cinis, Deity of Autumn.

And so it was, that Stiria continued wreaking havoc upon the world, conjuring freezing blizzards and destructive lightning storms. Obliterating cities and countries as he saw fit. However, Stiria's reign of terror did not last, as all things inevitably come to and end...