Chapter 4

Author's note: So guys, sorry about not updating for a long time, but hey, it's only been 2154 years so get over it. For this chapter, I had to research into the city of Chicago a little bit and that was not an easy task. Anyway enjoy this chapter, don't rush through it, and please vote if you like it and please comment with your opinions. (reminding you that constructive criticism is glady accepted by me). Shutting up, okay. boop (Also, on the right you can see a beautiful photo of the Jay Pritzker Pavillion) 

Hayley’s POV

We were driving through the roads of Chicago. Technically I was driving, Taylor was in the passenger seat while Jeremy sulked in the back. Driving at normal speed in my car. I had been quite some time since the last time we graced Chicago with our humble presence.

Us

The Paramore trio.

It was a long awaited release from the excitement of releasing the new Self Titled Album and the packed tour bus mentality. A release we planned to accomplish by taking some time off to enjoy marveling at Chicago’s wonders.

 Instead of using taxis (with drivers casting judging looks at tourists like us) to jump the considerable distances, I suggested to the guys that renting a vehicle for the day would be more comfortable and preferable.

Our first destination in our tour spree was the famous Millennium Park. There, I was absorbed in gawking at the massive structure that is the Cloud Gate, also dubbed “The Bean” for its odd shape. Its polished surface revealed no recognizable seams which marked a beginning or an end. Seemingly a massive blob of liquid mercury. Not a single feature apparent on its surface, (except for its reflecting surface of course) giving it the appearance of something not of this world; as if it was something placed on earth by ancient, mysterious extraterrestrial beings. It was frightening and fascinating at the same time.

Taylor of course being an idiot, had to hug it saying “Oh, mysterious shiny object, tell me your secrets”.

Jeremy joined in on the idiocy by making faces at its navel. His childish fascination (and I love him for it) rising as the object distorted his morbid and retarded expressions ridiculously. Of course not wanting to be left out on the fun, I joined my two best friends in their rant of silliness which was also earning us stares from some of our peers.

We surely did not want to pass the opportunity to finally visit the centerpiece for Millennium Park which is the Pritzker Music Pavilion which was famous for being an outdoor music venue. Today, it didn’t hold any musical events yet still it was a breathtaking sight to see it from the lawn and from the seat area. Given, it is a different type of venue compared to the standard stage of a rock and roll or mainstream pop concert; a setup more suited for classical or instrumental music. Nevertheless I (along with Jeremy and Taylor) would have reveled in the opportunity to perform in its glorifying stage. Something to add into the Paramore bucket list. The idea of it was inviting to say the least.

The artistically modern design of the pavilion, beams reaching far ahead over the lawn, the light brown wooden stage floor, the red curtain at the back of the low level stage… Oh yes I could picture myself up there, I could picture us up there. Dark blue sky, fall spirited trees beside the entire pavilion, mellow yellow lighting… And at the center of the stage, a bright haired girl, singing her heart out as if the Devil itself was in her. (Oho yes, something to look forward to).

 We glued our hinds on the lawn, taking in the sun and imagining hearing an orchestra playing a classical piece. The acoustics would have been remarkable. As a musician I found places like this which are significant in our industry, something to be admired. This was part of the future, and it made me excited for it, eagerly waiting to witness it.