Caboose (1)

CABOOSE X READER
(DUMB!READER)
(no offense ;p)

You picked a flower off the ground of the canyon, examining it closely. You were sitting on the grass with your best friend, Caboose, while your other teammates went to spy on the reds.
"That flower kind of looks like you!" Caboose pointed out, sounding amazed.
"No, it looks like you." You disagreed. You held it up beside his head, comparing the two. "It matches with your nose."
He shook his head and flicked the flower out of your hand, then laid back in the grass, looking up at the sky. You did the same, wondering what he was looking at.
You smiled as you watched the clouds pass by overhead.
"I bet they're all made of cotton candy." He said, breaking the comfortable silence.
"No way! Everybody knows that they're made out of marshmallows." You argued, squinting up at them. "When have you ever seen white cotton candy."
"That's a good point." He nodded.
You loved these small arguments. You both often had small disagreements, and treated it like a game. You also loved making stupid bets.
"I bet Tucker will die on the mission." You said, and he sat up.
"No way. Church is like a super hero. He would save stupid Tucker, because Church is smart." Caboose announced.
You sat up too.
"I bet you can't solve two plus two." Caboose said. "I know I can."
"Two plus two? That's twenty two." You nodded firmly.
He looked shocked. "You're smarter than Church!"
You smiled proudly. "And you're cuter than Church."
"I bet you can't kiss me." He dared with a goofy smile on his face.
You kissed him on the cheek lovingly. "I bet you don't love me." You fired back.
"I love you a lot, lady friend!" He proved it by kissing you back.
"Oh god. Please don't ever reproduce. We don't need another blue idiot running around this place." Tucker's voice spoke from behind you two, and Caboose 'accidentally' shot him in the foot.
"Not my fault. I didn't see him there." He told you.
"What the hell was that?" Church asked, walking up to see Tucker hopping on one foot.
"Tucker did it?" You immediately said.
"You know, normally I wouldn't believe you. But I wouldn't be surprised if he actually managed to shoot himself in the foot." Church sighed and head back towards the base.
"Hey get back here, fuck face!" Tucker hopped after him.
Caboose leaned on your shoulder after they left, and you leaned on him.
"I love you." You repeated what he'd said earlier.
"What a coincidence! I love you too!"

[REQUESTED BY @Thatonerwbyfan]