We're just friends

Listen to the song, it good and this story is based on it.

-0-0-0-0-0-

For anyone around it was obvious they love each other. For themselves a little less. Or at least one of them. Rose realized long ago that she and Juleka we're saying 'we're just friends' but not meaning it. Not in a way that they hated each other, more like there was more than just friendship.

She didn't know what they were, they were that thing you don't know how to explain but you know that's there.

Rose was never surprised when people -both boys and girls -confessed to Juleka. Some may think that that's weird because of her silent aditude and mysterious atmosphere but that's what made her so popular, she was interesting.
And eventhough the black and purple haired girl was very flattered and flushed pink by each confession, she would always do the exact same thing.

First she would request some time to think about it and go straight to the girl she called her best friend. Said girl would help her figure out what to say, this would always be something along the lines of 'sorry, I don't feel the same way' but people continued to confess.

Until this one time a certain red-haired artist got enough courage to confess. Juleka still asked for some time to think, but after taking with Rose she decided she wanted to try this time. She was quite fond of the artist after all. He was calm and caring and he didn't mind long but comfortable silences.

And so, after a few dates, Juleka wasn't single anymore and Rose was devastated, she wanted her best friend to be happy but she was scattered.

Sometimes they would hang out with the three of them together. Juleka reading some kind of fairy tale -not the sappy ones but the original ones form Grimm or Andersen -, Nathaniel drawing -sometimes it would be a portrait of Juleka in different poses or Juleka and Rose together while other times or just a landscape -and Rose would be chattering about everything and noting.

Other times Juleka and Rose would just hang out together going crazy singing and dancing to embarrassing songs together like they did before. And of course Juleka and Nathaniel spend time with just the two of them, going to movies, cartoon conventions and other stuff the both liked.

Even though Juleka and Nathaniel weren't your touchy couple, they would kiss, just little peck on the lips full of affection and care. When they kissed in front of the class for the first time, the whole class was wooping and the both flushed red enough to battle the boy's hair.

Rose would see them steel kisses a lot when they were hanging out. One of them was casually leaning against the others legs while drawing/reading and they would look at each other and understand each other without talking. And every time Rose would imagine Juleka kissing her.

She wasn't a creep, she just loved her best friend a lot, that's what she realized as soon as said girl started dating.

When time passed, days turned into weeks, and weeks into months Rose started acting colder towards Juleka. She quit calling her Jules like she did before. She started to come up with excuses so she didn't have to hang out with the two lovebirds.

Juleka noticed this, but at first didn't think too much behind it, she just thought her friend needed some time alone so she let her be. But when Rose started to quit their monthly scary movie night Juleka became really worried and asked the blonde what was going on. Rose tried to convince Juleka that everything was alright which made the girl only worry more.

Juleka worried about her friends so much that she ever cancelled her date with Nathaniel and demanded Rose to come home with her.

After school the walked towards Julekas house. The silence was tense, but neither started talking. Before they knew they reached the house of the black and purple haired girl. They politely greeted the other members of Juleka's family before retreating to the girls room with some snacks.