Chapter 8: I saw this coming...

“HANNA! Where have you been?!” Jon roared.

“Out.” I replied. It was a Tuesday night at 2 in the morning.

“With that faggot Sam?” he questioned.

“He’s not a faggot!” I argued angrily.

“Are you sleeping with him?” Jon gave me the death stare.

“No, I’m not. I just went out to see the band play. Will you please just let me go to bed?”

“Not until you tell the truth.” His eyes bored holes into me as I stood there in silence. I didn’t know whether to tell the truth or not.

“Why does it matter?” I challenged him.

“Because he’s probably full of STDs! That’s why it matters!” Jon screamed. Then I broke down and started to cry.

“Fine! I slept with him once! But it’s only because I really love him. You should be happy for me instead of trying to scare me!” I explained.

His face fell. “I’m sorry Hanna, but i forbid you to ever see him again.” A devilish smirk crossed his face. I actually thought he was going to sincerely apologize.

“What?!”

“You heard me. Get upstairs you little slut!” He smacked me across the face and I crumpled to the ground. He was strong. This wasn’t the first time he’d hit me. He’d done a lot worse damage, but he was my brother. I had to forgive him. He dragged me up off the floor.

“MOVE!” He shoved me into the hard marble staircase and let out a whimper of pain. He punched me square in the face, and I tried to fight him, but it was useless. He left me there at the bottom of the stairs in a heap, and I cried alone.