Chapter 16 : Moral Fibre

"Harry!" Dumbledore says, rushing over to him.

"Get him another towel" Barty Crouch says frantically, I grab a towel and put it over his shoulders.

"I want all the judges over here now" Dumbledore says, Barty Crouch push through the crowd.

"You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" Fluer says as she plants a kiss on Harry's cheek "Thank you! And you. . ." She exasperates, her french accent thick, looking at Ron and rushes to his side "You helped!"

"Well. . .yeah. . .a bit," Ron says shyly, Fleur kisses his cheek "Merci" He smiles rubbing his cheek.

Hermione comes from the crowd pushing through putting another towel over Harry's shoulders.

"Harry!" She exclaims happily.

"Hermione" Harry sighs, in relief.

"Are you alright ? You must be freezing! Personally I think you behaved admirably" She says, she kisses Harry on the forehead.

"I finished last Hermione" Harry sighs sadly.

"Next to last" I say hopefully, Harry and Hermione both look at me in confusion.

"Attention! Attention! The winner is. . ." Dumbledore says, the crowd become silent instantly.

"Mr Diggory!" Dumbledore says, all of Cedric's friends cheer, he smiles at me.

I also clap and roll my eyes.

"For showing unique command of the bubblehead charm. The way I see it, Mr Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr Weasly but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre" Dumbledore says.

Hermione, Ron, Harry and I cheer in excitement.

////\\\\

We start walking away from the lake, cheering him.

"All that moral fibre eh ?" Fred asks, walking up beside Harry.

"Blimey even when you go wrong it turns out right" Ron says in bewilderment.

"Well done moral fibre," George says, almost in a huff. He walks beside me.

"So that bet ?" I ask, a smile on my face.

George shrugs it off and walks away. I smile triumphantly.

"What bet ?" Hermione asks behind me.

"Oh don't worry" I say over my shoulder.

////\\\\

"So I remember, I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits I've ever set eyes on. Always reminded me of myself a little. Making friends with the first friendly Slytherin I've met in a long time. And here we all are, four years later" Hagrid says, walking back to his hut looking towards me with a smile.

I smile politely in reply.

"We're still misfits" Ron says simply.

"And I'm not ashamed" I smile.

"Maybe. But we've all got each other, and Harry of course. Soon to be! The youngest! Tri-Wizard champion there's ever been! Hooray!" Hagrid shouts to Harry, the rest of us singing the Hogwarts song at the top of our lungs not caring who would hear us.