Chapter 2: The Bunker.

The next morning the rain had subsided and I said my farewells to the dropship. For me it had become a place of struggle and bad memories, I was happy to leave it behind.
My backpack was filled with what little food was left, water, a compass and some clothing. There were no longer any guns at the dropship but blades were abundant. I collected as many as I could carry from the dead, with every intention of utilising them to my advantage. This journey I was now on wouldn't be without its perils and although I had broken away from all I cared about, I wasn't ready to die in the wilderness just yet.
I'd walked for what felt like an eternity, following the coordinates to the one of shelter on the map. Two of them were far too close to Mount Weather and Camp Jaha, I needed to be as far away from my old life as possible. Venturing deeper into the woods, I was unsure what territory I was travelling through. It still felt like Trikru but I didnt know how far their lands stretched. All I knew was if I wished to keep my head, I was to avoid going too far north to the Ice Lands of Azgeda.
Eventually, I reached the co-ordinates of my destination. It seemed that the Earth had hidden what I was looking for. Nature taking back what once belonged to the old world.
Hours had passed as I searched the area for a clue to the bunker location. Secure shelter was key to surviving  this new life I had decided upon. The sun was moving low in the sky and I was running out of light fast. Frustration and fatigue overwhelmed me. I slumped my weary body down by a tree, giving into a possible night under the stars.
It wasn't until the rays of the setting sun burst their low light through the trees I saw a metallic glimmer in the distance. Following the light it led me to the tiniest of gaps on the floor of the forest. I frantically cleared the ground to reveal a metal hatch. It would seem the fates were on my side that day. All through the night I worked to loosen the door from the shackles of time, eventually lifting it open.
Tired, cold and hungry, I followed a set of ladders down into what was a small and very basic shelter. There were a few items in there, a camping bed, some old, musty blankets, canned food and some books piled on a small table. Despite its small size and sparce content it lifted my spirts.
The most important elements of this abandoned bunker was that it was dry, safe and secure. It gave me hope I could survive out here in the solitude of the woods, it could be home.