Void

There was nothing but a black abyss surrounding me. Even through my constant searching, I could not see any form or structure. It was as if I was simply suspended in mid-air. No matter where I looked, there was nothing to see. The space surrounding me was incredibly dark. All there was, was black space. Even if I rose my hand up to my face, I would not be able to see it. There weren't any scents, either. When I took in a breath, I could not smell anything. Once again, it was as if there was nothing. I could not hear anything. The silence seemed deafening, and enough to drive a person mad. There wasn't even the quiet ringing that you would sometimes hear when in a very quiet room.

          What made this even more strange, was that I could easily move around, but that did not change my ability to perceive my surroundings. It was as if I had lost all of my senses simultaneously. I did not remember anything before this either. Even if I did, though, I would not be able to recall it because all of my thoughts lacked any form of my five senses. I do not know how I managed to remain calm in this situation. Any sane person would have panicked if they found themselves in this situation. Perhaps, I am not sane. Perhaps, I am mad.