Chapter 4

"Please sit down. There is much to tell, and in so little time." Minerva McGonagall said in her usual stern manner.

"Professor...if I may ask...why are we here?" Hermione asked, gesturing to herself and Ron. As She, Ron, Lily, James, and Harry sat facing Professor McGonagall.

"Well Ms. Granger, it seems you, Mr. Potter."
James sat up straighter at this, "and Mr. Weasley have some explaining to do on where you have been for the past few months."

"They haven't been here?" Lily asked slowly.

"I'm afraid not Ms. Evans." Professor McGonagall said somberly.

"And Mr. Potter, do explain how you managed to steal, and escape, might I add on a dragon, from Gringotts." Professor McGonagall said, her lip twitching with a repressed smirk.

"YOU DID WHAT!" Lily and James exclaimed at the same time, albeit in different tones. And if Harry was correct, he detected a bit of pride in his fathers voice. Ron interrupted before Harry could respond. "It would probably be best if we started all the way from the beginning. In our first year."

Harry tensed.

"Maybe we should let Harry get some rest before you start poking and prodding." Hermione said quickly.

Harry's body immediately went back to its relaxed position.

"Of course. Harry you can tell us when you're ready. I know everything's been tuff." Lily said gently. James nodded along with her.

"If we aren't going to talk today, then I suggest we all get some rest."

Professor McGonagall pointed at Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"You three are to stay in your student dormitory's."

Then she pointed to Lily and James

"I will make sure the house elves prepare the guest room. But please stay in my office, there's some things we need to discuss."
------------------
Severus blinked his eyes a few times, and rubbed that them groggily.

"You're awake." someone said in one of the softest tones he had ever heard.

He turned his head to look at the speaker. She was a healer, with wild dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail, deep brown eyes, and dark skin.

"You, had quite the injury. I've almost never seen anything like it. I'll spare you the gruesome details, but it was bad."

"Bad." He repeated quietly.

"How might someone come across these injuries...if I may ask."

"That's none of your business." He said sharply.

"Sorry." She said quietly. "I shouldn't have asked."

He watched as she quietly walked to one of the cabinets and removed two potions. He recognized one as a dreamless sleep potion, but he couldn't tell what the other one was.

She filled up a measuring cup with the dreamless sleep potion, and handed it to him. "Take this, I need you to be asleep while I try to fix you."

He took it from her hand, and swallowed the horrible tasting potion.

His eyelids grew heavy, and before he knew it, the world was black once more.
--------------
"...so professor...you're saying our child...is the chosen one?" James asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes Mr. Potter, that is exactly what I'm saying."

"Merlins hairy left foot!" Lily shouted, her head in her hands.

"Lily Evans! Profanity! Why I'll be!" James said, a smirk on his face.

"Oh shut up." Lily grumbled

"Why Evans—"
"It's Potter now."
"Why Potter—"
"Excuse me." Professor McGonagall said, causing the office to immediately go silent.

"Mr. Potter, has very much in store for him. I'll tell you that much...Now, you ought to head to the guest room. It's three flights up from here, and make a left by the portrait of Gleassida the Great. The password is Rowena."

Lily and James stood up, and left a somber looking Professor McGonagall.