Mind Games

Michio hadn't remembered how he had gotten there, but all he knew was that now he was completely strapped down. He was seated in a chair, unable to move at all. He couldn't even blink.

Before he could even think to call out or struggle, a large screen in front of him came to life. The bright light in the darkness blinded Michio for only a second, before he could see what was being displayed. He wished that he couldn't, that he could look away, but he was unable to.

Students from Hope's Peak Academy, some of which Michio had recognized from around the school, were killing each other. And not just a simple shoot to the head, that would've been much preferred to the bloodbath taking place.

Teenagers were stabbing each other, bashing heads in, one was slicing someone up with a chainsaw. Even if Michio told himself it had to be fake, he knew that couldn't be true. It was all too real.

By the time it was over, Michio was thoroughly horrified. How had Junko gotten a video like this? How had she been able to obtain that footage? The thought terrified the guitar player even deeper, but before he could fully wrap his mind around it, the video was played again.

It was played over and over for what felt like forever, and Michio found himself growing used to it. Once enough time had passed, instead of yelling for it to stop, he was smiling.

Michio was finally broken from his trance when he heard Junko's laugh, and soon, the video was switched off. The strawberry blonde stepped in front of him, a grin on her face. 

"Looks like my work here's done!" She snickered. "You're not fully an ultimate despair yet, but seeing you struggle with what I've done'll be great fun~!"

Michio's smile quickly faltered as he was inside, as he became self aware once more. Was I really smiling at that horrible bloodbath?

"W-what did you do...?" Michio asked hesitantly, and Junko leaned in close, a smirk on her face.

"Take a wild guess, honey. It'll be very clear soon enough." She chuckled.

Once Michio was free from his restraints, he shakily stood up. He would later come to regret not strangling the fashionista right then and there, as he was still shaken from the experience.

"Did you..." Michio muttered, then tried to speak up, looking right at the girl. "Did you do this to Uyeda too...?"

Junko was about to answer, but stopped herself. "I'm sure you'll find that out soon enough. But you should get yourself outa here Zetami-kun, your classmates are worrying."

Without another word, Michio wandered towards the now visible door, not looking back.

~*~

As Michio approached the main course building, he spotted his classmates grouped up outside, mingling with a few students from another class. Along with them was Mika, who was clinging to Satchiko and appeared hysterical. As soon as she spotted her brother approaching, her eyes widened and she ran to him.

"Michi! You're okay!" Mika exclaimed as she tackle hugged him. "I-I was so worried! Y-you're usually the one w-worried about me, i-it should stay like that! D-don't worry me, m-meanie!"

Michio hesitantly hugged back, and realized that his sister was crying as she clung to him. Her tears stained his shirt, and usually this would cause him to pull her closer. To protect her, like a brother should. This time, however, Michio enjoyed seeing her cry, and had to hold back a smile tugging at his lips. Something's wrong.

Eventually, Mika pulled back and wiped her tears on her uniform's sleeve. "I-I'm so glad you're okay... I dunno what I'd do without you..."

"Of course... I wouldn't just leave you like that." Michio replied, and reached his hand out to wipe another tear that had fallen from Mika's eye.

The short girl smiled a bit. "Don't scare me like that again, stupid..."

"Excuse me... you're Michio Zetami, right?" Michio looked away from his sister and to the girl who had just approached them. She had brown hair in a bob cut with one piece at the top sticking out at an odd angle, and was wearing a beige trench coat, pulled tight at her waist by a belt.

"Yeah, that's me." Michio replied, pulling his hand away from his sister's face. This girl was familiar, surely that's because they went to the same school.

"I'm Kiko Tamai, the ultimate..." She trailed off, her grey eyes staring into his. "You seem a little off..." Kiko shook her head a bit. "Never mind that, sorry. Anyways, Kobayashi asked me to help find you, and I can't say no to her. I'm glad you made it back before it got dark, but I'd like to ask you some questions, if that's alright."

Michio nodded a bit. "Yeah, that's fine..." He replied, though was really unsure of himself.

"Then come with me. Your sister can join, if she wants." Kiko stated, and led the twins back towards the school.

Michio was hoping this was all just some very realistic nightmare, but deep down he knew it wasn't. Junko Enoshima had done something to his mind.