My Marine (2)

"So, are you going to join me or just keep staring at me?" I ask, smiling over my shoulder.

"Aren't you technically babysitting? Will this get you in trouble with your boss?" He crosses his arms and it makes his biceps really pop.

"Technically, yes. But, I'm still protecting you, so I'm still doing my job." I motion him closer, and I can see the internal struggle going on in his mind. "Come on, it's just a shower Kendrick."

That seems to break whatever reasons he has for not coming into the shower with me, because he strips as he comes closer. Only pausing to push down his sweatpants, it gives me time to take in his expansive chest, the scars from many fights fought and won, and most importantly his dog tags as they glint in the soft light of the bathroom.

"Good, you have one of those grippy mats in your shower." He rumbles right behind me, wrapping his expansive arms around me. I turn on the shower at a decent temperature before turning around in his arms, naked skin to naked skin. And we just stand for a minute while waiting for the water to heat up. He's looking at my face, and I greedily do the same to his face.

I know this probably won't last longer than today, so I need to memorize his features until it's too late.

Once I can feel the spray behind me heat up, I break away from his arms to get into the shower. My bathtub is my favorite part of my place, it's a claw foot tub. It's hard to get into sometimes, and can be slippery (so I bought the grippy mat), but I've always wanted one of these. It has lived up to my expectations.

Kendrick climbs in behind me with little trouble, and he holds me close under the spray. I get goosebumps from how tenderly he moves a piece of hair out of my face. I want more than just one night with this man, but I know this is probably all I'll ever get.

Since he's being the perfect gentleman I decide to spice things up and grip his butt with my two hands. He jumps a little, but then gives me a look before pulling me flush against his body and giving me a spine-tingling kiss. One that I will not be recovering from anytime soon.

I kiss him back with a fervor, but he pulls away all too soon and he's all business again. He grabs my shampoo and gently works it into my hair, massaging my scalp and lathering my hair more nicely than I had expected. I reach behind me and take a couple pumps of shampoo and surprise him by doing the same. His eyes close in bliss as I gently scrape my nails against his scalp as I lather his growing hair.

When I'm satisfied and I pull back, he opens his eyes and there's a tenderness that I didn't expect to see. It shocks me, but in a good way. He kisses me once again, and then pulls back to wash my hair under the spray. I didn't expect this when I invited him into the shower.

I've heard stories from coworkers that they have a quick tussle in bed with the people they're protecting and the two never see each other again. But I don't want that with Kendrick.

**

Kendrick POV (just to get a peek into his mind)

I've been losing my mind. First in the hospital, throwing people around the hospital room as if they weighed nothing, and now with Jasna.

She was all woman. Curves for days and a personality that both matched my expectations and confused me at the same time. And it was driving me crazy because I know she wants me for just this short time we've got together.

The more I was around her, the more I wanted to stay longer. But, if this was all I would get from her I would take it.

I gently washed her hair, running my fingers through the tresses that I had been yearning to touch since she walked into my hospital room. When she repeated my actions on my own head, I was stunned into silence. One, because she was very good at head massages. And two, because no woman I had ever been in a shower with had ever reciprocated the favor of washing my hair.

I never wanted to let this woman go.