Here - Alessia Cara

"Why do you have headphones in at a kickback ?" Some Asian chick screeches over the music , over the beat in my headphones. automatic eye roll emoji. I ignore her and think to myself for that very reason . I continue people watching, avoiding her gaze as she repositions herself , gets up & stumbles with a Mike's hard lemonade in hand . The place is dark , with just a few accent lights twinkling in the background. I pull up my shirt , readjust my cleavage and get up . Walk towards the kitchen, through the hallway separating the family room . I'm coming from the living room with an adjacent "dining area" where most folks have gathered. Headphones still inserted, mind you . No, these are not a bulky pair of Beats by Dre many humans have grown accustom to ( I know you saw that lifetime movie. I don't support abusers ) just some nifty dependable ear candies . Anyways headphones in , blaring so I can barely hear whatever it is blasting as I search for food . I pass by a couple fully engrossed in groping , another girl twerking recording herself on snapchat and two college aged male specimens conversing , highly enthused. Headphones still in . Headache still very much apparent and the flashing lights aren't helping , just as my battery dies . 

       I keep the headphones in , a sign I'm not fully open to conversation , and continue to people watch from the kitchen table . Im admiring the less enthused dark skin brother talking up a storm . He's sort of smooth with it , not as loud or animated as his companion yet still engaging as he furthers his point . He laughs , pretty white teeth . Lawd , monkeycoveringface emoji . As I'm staring , a coed crew enters the room , lit AF' . One girl with red eyes reeks of weed , shawty with the blonde short cut is gone off the goose , and they're male friend seems to be high and tipsy . as stated they're lit and loud . Dumb loud  -cause that kush won't whispering ( I'm corny, but laugh with me ) . Anyways , I avoid looking in their direction as they speak candidly about some dude Blondie was seeing who apparently had a dick as short as her pixie cut .

"Girl , I was madder than a mother when I found that out. We waited 5 months before doing it , I was so disappointed." Blondie said as she pulled out a chair at the table across from me and sat down .

"Remind me why'd yall wait again ?" Red Eyes , asked seeming genuinely concerned . You momentarily heard the pause from the light tap of her nails on the screen as she scrolled through her timeline.

"To prove to us she aint thotful" ,  HIsaiah interjected leaning on the counter , eating a handful of Cheetos .

"Look I ain't gotta prove nothing to yall but stay black and die ", Short Cut glared at HIsaiah .  "And even then , I told yall ignants I have reverse venaligo - I'm really white "

"Shut yo drunk ass up , Rae ." HIsaiah smirked , stifling a laugh .
"Yo' supposed white ass would have been happy with whatever he was working with,  if that were TRULY the case. Anything we pull out is a BBC - to the white womens we're always blessed . "

I laugh in response to their ignant conversation . And by ignorant I mean obnoxious , but it was funny . I feel 3 pair of eyes on my face as I look down to pull my headphones out my phone , wrap them up and move my phone into my wallet - moving my gaze to meet HIsaiah like "can I help you ?"

"Oh excuse us ! We a little out there" Blondie laughed over her words, "we had to pre game cause you know these kickbacks be hit or miss."  Which is true . The liquor be gone in the first hour, if you don't plan correctly . "But I'm Rae " she points to Red Eyes , "that's Drea and that's Isaiah ."

Thing is , I knew Isaiah before she even introduced him . " Oh, I know HIsaiah , " they eyed me curiously . Isaiah simply shifted in his seat , still eating hot Cheetos , refusing to acknowledge my comment.

Rae hits him in his shoulder . Hard . He sucks his teeth in and after a pregnant pause , rebuttals  "She used to be Baby Moms" . And these lovely ladies go straight 50 cent on him . 21 questions 😂.