Don't Run On Wet Floors

Harry's POV
"You're impossible, Mus!" I yell, frustrated. "Fuck!" I tug at the strands of my hair.
"Harry, not here." Liam warns me again. I step forward, yank Mus up and drag her behind me as I head towards the exit of the restaurant.
"Liam's right, not here, but I sure as hell can at home." I try my best to ignore the flashes that are going off left and right, but it's really hard when practically everyone is holding a phone, and trying to blind you.
"Leave my hand!" Mus hisses, struggling in my hold. I tighten my grip and quicken my pace.
"Just shut the fuck up and follow." Red. That's all I can see. It's at the corners of my eyes, and clotting the thoughts in my head.
"Harry, what's the difference between you and Carter, if this is the way you choose to behave with me?" Mus questions, adamant as ever. Good Lord, give me the patience to deal with this woman.
"Well, firstly, I am taking you away from danger. He seems to want to bring danger upon himself and you," I reply. "Secondly, don't you ever compare me to that dick."
"Harry, you're in for hell once you let me go." Mus hisses, as we exit the restaurant. I can feel a chill rush up her body, as the cold night air slams into her with full force.
"Take this." Hastily, I take off my jacket and hand it to her. "Wait for me. My car's parked around the corner."
"Why don't you just drag me till there, huh?" Mus retorts, crossing her arms across her chest.
"Look, stay here, freeze to death, I don't care." I throw my jacket over her shoulder and turn around to get the car. "I'm only trying to do some good!" I yell over my shoulder.
"Go find another charity case then!" She always has an answer, doesn't she? I want to kill her right now, but sadly that isn't an option.
"Shut up!" I sound whiny and sick of life because that's what I am right now. I'm a bottle of rage and frustration, ready to explode the minute a person uncaps me. The only way to calm me down is to put me in a room with Carter and let me bash the fuck out of him. Hastily, I pull out and park the car right in front of the restaurant. Mus is standing on the pavement, arms crossed across her chest, my jacket draped over her front body. I lower the window and lean towards the passenger door.
"You coming or what?" I question, opening the door for her. She stares at me for a second and then strides over to the car and enters, slamming the door shut behind her.
"I'm not here by will." Mus mumbles, slouching into the seat.
"Oh yeah, cause I pulled you into the car, right?" I scoff, speeding down the nearly empty road.
"You did pull me out of the restaurant!" Mus takes off her shoes and places her feet on my dashboard.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I question, slamming onto the brakes. Mus is thrown forward and in fear that she might hit the dash, I stop her body by placing my arm in front of her chest. She glares at me, narrowing her eyes.
"Relaxing till you get me home." Mus snaps, shutting her eyes and leaning her head against the window. I open my mouth to yell at her, and tell her off. But she looks calm for once, leaning against the window, eyes shut. Her breathing is leveling out and there are no stress lines littering her forehead right now. So instead of telling her off, I seal my mouth shut and wait for the traffic light to change.
"Are you asleep?" I question, after a while.
"Hmm...I was, until you woke me up." Mus answers sarcastically. Oh God, this woman! I don't understand if I hate her or love her. Or both!
"You know I don't have to deal with Carter." Mus says after a while, her eyes still shut. "But I just do because he's like a bad habit that I've gotten used to and it's very difficult to get rid of a bad habit, you know? I mean, I'm good for his reputation, and vice versa."
"But that's not right," I protest. "You should be in a relationship with someone you love, or at least like." Mus lets out a humorless laugh.
"I wish," she whispers. "But finding the right man in this hugely populated world ain't a piece of cake. And sadly, I'm not ready to venture out on this mission."
"You deserve more. You deserve better, Mus. Someone who loves you and cherishes you. A man who understands what he has, and doesn't go looking for crap." I don't know why I'm letting all this out, but my words are a waterfall, flowing freely and with their own will. "A man who sees your beauty and compliments you on everything that you do because that's what you deserve; compliments. All the time. Someone who gets excited everyday because he gets to wake up next to you and say you're his."
"Harry-"
"Not some man who fights with you half of the time. Forces you to drink utter crap because he likes it and who doesn't give two fucks about what's going on in your mind. No!" I slam the steering wheel with the palm of my hand. "Goddammit!"
"Harry, what..." I squeeze my eyes shut and grip the wheel tight.
"Forget...just forget what I just said. You know," I shake my head. "It's the alcohol talking." Mus says nothing for the rest of the car ride and I'm grateful for that. This is the good thing about her, she knows when to stop and just draw the line. Rain and other girls, on the other hand, don't.

I pull into Liam's driveway and cut off the engine. Even though I unlock the doors, Mus doesn't make a move to step out. So neither do I.
"I'm sorry for ruining this trip for you guys." Mus says, lifting her head off the window and turning her body towards me a bit. "Don't worry, the minute the little one comes out, I'm gone. And so is Carter."
"Maybe you should stay and he should go." I propose.
"It's...not that simple, Harry." Mus throws open the door and practically jumps out of the car.
"Mus!" I yell after her, getting out of the car. "Wait!" Instead of heading into the house, Mus runs towards the backyard. I follow suit. "Fuck, Mus, stop!" However, she doesn't listen. Mus runs straight past the lawn and towards the pool.
"Harry, just go away!" She yells, without turning around or decreasing her speed.
"Where the heck are you even going?! You do understand that this is a closed compound?" I question, not giving up on the chase. It's dark here because no one's home to turn on the lights. I can only see Mus' silhouette illuminated due to the moon. "Just stop, Mus! Please," I beg. A yell and then I can see Mus' shadow stumbling downwards.
"Fuck, what'd you do?!" I exclaim, slowing down. "Did Ms. Marathon fall?" No answer. I frown, taking a few steps forward. "Come on, Mus, get up and lets go in. I'm tired and hungry." No answer. This time I quicken my pace. Mus is still on the ground, her hand hanging off the edge and into the pool. I crouch down beside her and place one hand underneath her arm and the other behind her head.
"Come on, Mus, no drama right now. Let's go," I urge. My left hand, which lies underneath her head, feels sticky and wet. I pull it out and try to make out the liquid that's covering it. I bring it closer to my face and smell. Fuck, it's blood!
"Mus!" I shake her. No answer. God...I snake my arms underneath her body and lift her off the tile flooring. As carefully as I can, I maneuver my way away from the pool and into the lawn. Once there, I break into a jog. Fuck this girl...she must've tripped due to the water on the tiles and banged her head. Instead of laying her down on the backseats, I place her on my lap once I get into the car.
"I'll get you to the hospital soon. Hold on," I tell her. As I'm reversing, Liam's car is pulling in. He lowers his window and so do I. "Banged her head. Taking her to the hospital." I hastily tell him and pull out.
"What?! Harry!" Liam calls out after me. But I don't have time right now. My whole arm is soaking with blood. All I can think about right now is getting this woman to the hospital before something unthinkable happens.