"Sometimes you just gotta stay silent, because no words can explain the shit that is going on in your mind and heart"

"Yes mom, we're in the car now" I said with a deep sigh leaving my mouth as I drove out of the parking lot outside of our apartment house.

"Are you sure you're getting here in time?" I heard my worried mother say on the other side of the line. I shook my head in frustration of her constant stress and overprotection.

"Yes mom, we're on our way, chill, okay?" I said.

"Okay, I'll see you soon sweetheart" she said a bit unsure.

"Yeah, bye" I said shortly and hung up. I put my phone into my pocket before I placed my hand back onto the steering wheel, driving our way out of the little and depressing town.

"Grandma?" Adam said with his sweet innocent voice where he sat in his new car seat in the passenger side. I gave my little boy a smile and nodded.

"Yeah it was grandma" I said.

*

I drove into the familiar driveway were there already was a few cars parked. Some had parked by the roadside as well, as if they were saving the parking lot for me. I walked out of the car and breathed in the small town air that Holmes Chapel had to offer. The sun were shining, and heated up the chilly spring air. I looked up to the house. My childhood house with a- used to be strong red colour, but nowadays- a peeling red colour which on some places showed up the greyish colour that used to be there before. Only a low, apparently fresh painted white fence cut the contact with the almost alike house next to ours. Harry's house.

I picked Adam up from his side of the car, and carried him up to the front door of my own house. My mom opened up not many seconds after I knocked. A big smile swept over her face when she saw us.

"Hi" she said with a happy voice as she placed her arms around my neck, "it's been way too long since you were here".

"I know, I'm sorry" I said and ended the hug, "that has been much at work, you know". She nodded with a faint of compassion in her eyes.

"No need to excuse your self" she said, then turned her eyes towards Adam. Her whole face shined up as she watched her only grandchild.

"Hi darling" she said with her high pitched babyvoice and took him from my arms, "oh gosh, you're so big now". Just as my mom started walking away with my child in her arms, I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me turn around. I met a warm well-known smile.

"Anne" I said and threw myself around her shoulders. She laughed.

"Hi sweetheart" she said, "long time no see, huh?"

"Sorry" I said with an apologising voice. She just shook her head.

"No, don't be" she said with a smile, "Harry is coming this weekend". My heart hurt when I heard his name. Even though it's almost 3 years ago since we broke up, I'm still not really over him. I tried with another boyfriend for awhile, but it didn't work out. I just thought of Harry whenever I hung out with him, and I even called him Harry by mistake multiple times.

"Good for you" I said, and gave her the best smile I could do. She looked at me with compassion and stroked her hand against my shoulder.

"He really misses you, you know that, right?" She said. I shrugged.

"It didn't really seem like it 3 years ago" I said.

"Oh sweetie" she said and gave me one more hug.

"Oh no, sorry I forgot" I said, " happy birthday Anne, it's your freaking birthday".

"Yeah, I haven't forgot that unfortunately" she said and laughed.

"Well think of it in a positive way, it's one year left till your next birthday". She just shook her hand and laughed.

"Isn't it my little princess" I heard my dad yell from the other side of the room.

"Dad" I said in a happy voice and ran up to him. He picked me up and circled me in the air.

"Dad let me down" I laughed and hit him on the back. He did as I told him and gave me a big hug instead. It doesn't matter how long I'm gone, or whatever happens, he's still gonna be the same weird dad, and I love him for that.

"So how are you doing, no more boys I hope" he said and blinked. I smiled sarcastically.

"You don't even have to worry" I said.

"That's good, well your mom told me you've been very busy with work, you know what I always say, don't work your body to death" he said.

"Of course not" I said.

"Speaking of work, I have somebody I would like you to meet" he said and showed me his way through my childhood home. We walked up to a very important-looking man in a expensive dark blue suit.

"Bethany, this is Robert Smith Anderson, Robert this is my daughter Bethany" he said with a proud smile on his face.

"Wait, you're Robert Smith Anderson?" I said with an shocked voice.

"That's me" he said.

"Oh my god, I've seen your work you're really talented" I said with the excitement bubbling inside of me.

"Oh really?" He said, "how funny, because that's what I wanted to talk to you about". He took a pause and exchanged a glance with my dad.

"Right now we're looking for three new employees for our company, and your dad here showed me some of your work and I really think you would have a shot to be one of them if you would like to" he said.

"What?" I said with a shocked voice, "for real?" He nodded.

"Oh my god" I said once again, "of course, I would love to, where is it located?"

"In central london" he answered.

"That's perfect, what do I have to do?" I asked.

"Send in the best picture you have ever taken" he said, "it can be any motive, nature, buildings even celebrities, you name it, then we will let you know if you get the job or not". I smiled big and shook his hand professionally.

"Thank you so much for this opportunity, you will not get disappointed, I promise" I said.

We kept talking for awhile about the job. He told me about how my schedule would look and how much I'd earn and so on. This would really be a great change. I'd earn more than twice my salary right now, and I don't even have to work as much.

Thanks for reading❤️

Qotd: Have you ever written a fanfic?