Sleep Well

((Bloody-Pixel heRE))

Link had just gotten done defeating the Divine Beast Vah Ruta, his body ached and bruises littered his skin, marring it with dark splotches of purple, cuts covered his hands and arms, a large gash on his side from a rather nasty encounter with a guardian, even his fingertips had begun to bleed, worn thin from shooting his bow so often. In all honesty he wanted to pass out the moment he had activated the main control unit, but fought back against the exhaustion in the back of his mind as Mipha's spirit suddenly appeared before him.

He didn't pay much attention to what she was saying, barely catching the gift she had given him before he suddenly disappeared in a flurry of gold light, he barely had enough time to register the fact that he was in Zora's Domain, in front of the King and Prince Sidon. The tall fish Prince jumped slightly at the Hylian's sudden appearance before a large toothy smile stretched across his lips.

"Link!" Sidon began, tone full of optimism as always, though there was an edge of caution to it as he noticed Link swaying in his spot "We were beginning to worry, you've been gone for–" Sidon paused, eyes going wide as he rushed over to Link who's eyes had lolled back into his head as his body began to crumple to the ground, catching the blonde Sidon quickly looked up at a nearby guard "Fetch a healer for Link at once!" Sidon ordered, a bit of panic seeping into his voice.

A soft, barely audible groan awoke the sleeping Zora Prince, his joints stiff from falling asleep in his position, though he only had himself to blame for that one, he was the one who refused to leave Link's side after the poor boy had collapsed a few days ago. Yellow eyes drifted over to the lax form on the bed, the steady rise and fall of Link's chest assuring Sidon that his little Hylian was still asleep.

'Good,' Sidon thought, hand reaching over and gently brushing the fringe away from Link's sleeping face, Sidon found himself admiring the smaller man, from the tips of his ears all the way to his eyes, bright azure irises hidden under closed lids. A frown tugged at Sidon's lips as Link flinched, a barely audible whimper escaping him as his brows creased in what appeared to be pain.

"Link...?" Sidon made sure to keep his voice low, not wanting to wake the blonde unless absolutely necessary. His frown deepened when Link flinched, body jerking slightly as he whimpered, the sound causing an ache in Sidon's chest that he couldn't quite describe, the ache growing stronger as Link turned on his side, burying his face into the pillow.

Quickly Sidon scooted closer to the bed, a large hand coming to rest on Link's shoulder, giving a gentle shake "Link," He called softly, worry filling his voice. "Link, wake up my little pearl," He tried again, voice a bit louder, after what seemed like an eternity azure eyes shot open, a strangled yelp of fear and panic tearing itself from Link's throat as he bolted upright.

"Hey hey–" Sidon frowned, grabbing Link's hands in his much larger ones, "Link!" He said firmly, a touch of desperation seeping into his tone when the Hylian trashed, trying to pull his hands free, though immediately when still for the most part upon hearing the Prince's voice, though his body still trembled violently "It's me, you're okay, you're safe..." Sidon said softly.

Link's hands were shaking as he pulled them from the gentle grasp of the Prince, before he carefully began to trace over Sidon's features, the small dip above his nose and over the small bumps above his eyes, lingering at the small scar on his right fin, it was an almost unnatural sight to see Sidon without his uniform, but it was a comforting sight none the less, and at the moment Link needed that. Sidon sighed, eyes fluttering shut as he leaned into the feather light touches, enjoying the warmth the other's touch provided.

"Are you okay?" Sidon finally broke the somewhat tense silence, yellow eyes drifting open and clashing against a bright ocean blue as he looked up at Link, the latter didn't answer, causing a pang of worry to run through the Zora "Link...please answer me..." He pleaded quietly, he didn't care if he sounded desperate or like he was begging at this point. After what seemed like an eternity Link pulled away, fingers shaking as he began signing broken sentences as tears began rolling down his cheeks.

'Calamity Ganon'

'You died'

'I tried'

'I couldn't save you'

'I couldn't get to you in time'

'My fault-'

Sidon grabbed Link's hands again, gently pulling him into his lap before wrapping his arms around him, treating him as if he were glass and the Hylian's small form would shatter in his hold if he was handled wrong  "Hush now little pearl, it wasn't real, nor will it ever be. I'm right here, and I'm not leaving," Sidon's voice was soft and gentle, wrapping around Link like a warm soothing haze. A hand gently cupped his face, the pad of Sidon's thumb gently wiping his tears away and Link found himself leaning into the gentle touch, craving it almost as his eyelids began to feel heavy as sleep tugged at the corners of his mind.

'Stay?' Sidon was barely able to catch the sign, Link's fingers moving at a snail's pace, a smile tugged at his lips and he nodded, laying Link back down in the bed before sliding in next to him, an arm immediately going around the smaller's waist and pulling him close. Link seemed to welcome the action, curling up against Sidon and resting his head on his chest. He could feel Sidon tracing lazy patterns over his bandaged torso, gentle motion combined with the steady beat of Sidon's heart just beneath his ear lulling him back to sleep slowly. Sidon glanced down, smiling softly and leaning down, placing a gentle kiss to Link's forehead "Sleep well my love..."