Chapter 21

Stan's POV:
I did freak out a little when Eragon blacked out in my arms.  Just saying.

Edward's POV:

I was never a fighter.  I hated bloodshed, I hated watching my subjects fall one by one.  But I fought, and fought, and fought.  After striking down a sixth man for Eragon, I went to help the nurses.  I felt guilty, this wasn't fair, the men I struck down were probably fathers, maybe they had pregnant wives, maybe they had friends that loved them dearly.   I shook my head and started helping.  My heart skipped a couple beats when I realized who was on the first bed.  Lance and Hal were kneeling by their sister's side, whispering softly.  Olami was as pale as a ghost, her breathing was shallow and fast, she seemed to be bleeding from a wound in her abdomen.  "Guys, I'll get to her as soon as I can!" I exclaimed, I quickly searched the other warriors, vampire and werewolf alike.  They were mainly werewolf soldiers, but the vampires would have probably died instantly anyways.  I shuddered at the thought and grabbed some bandages.  I looked at the other nurses, only seven.  Thankfully there weren't that many soldiers in the ward, I hurried towards Olami and started changing the bandages.  Hal ran out and back to the battlefield to fight some more.  I knew he made a good guard and hunter.  I continued working on Olami's bandages, then noticed something.  "Lance, run back to the back of the ward and grab me an empty potion's bottle."  He looked at me like I was stupid, I'm not stupid.  "Trust me." He got up and ran back to the back, he brought the empty bottle back and I grabbed my knife from my belt, slit my wrist a little, and let the blood run into the bottle.  The wound healed after a few seconds, but it was enough.  I brought the bottle towards Olami's lips and forced her to drink.  A few seconds later the color in her face came back and her breathing became normal.  That was a great start.

Fang's POV:

I lost my brothers.  I forgot where I'd assigned their troops throughout this beautiful madness.  I grinned and kept fighting, jab with the silver sword, shoot that vampire in the head with this, shoot this werewolf in the head with that, stab with the stake.  That wasn't a vampire but it was a head blow so yay me.   WAIT, WHERE DID I ASSIGN JAMES?!  IS HE OKAY?!  Dodge that blow, strike between the ribs.  WHAT ABOUT TOM?!  WHAT IF THEY'VE ALREADY DIED?!  Kick this one's legs out from under him, try not to think about the fallen soldiers already.  BUT JAMES AND TOM.  WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?!  Get hit in the head by that loud Irish dude, nope.  That wasn't the plan.  Stab at him.  "HEY, YOU STUPID IRISHMAN!"
"I'M SCOTTISH, DAMNIT."
Oh shit.  That was my mistake, now he's pissed.  I ran, not wanting to deal with someone who was probably drunk as hell.