in my head: part one

She stared at the back of his head.

She didn't mean to, it just happened unintentionally. Like as if it was meant to happen.

They both had chemistry class together as their last class period, and she always took the time to admire him since she sat directly behind him. She couldn't help it, ever since the day she saw his grinning face she was infatuated.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a turning head.

He smiled at her, dimples and all. "Well hi there my lovely Lady Arizona, how are you feeling on this lovely Thursday afternoon?"

Her face turned rosy. Arizona responded back, "Well good afternoon to you Sir Finn, though I'm feeling quite ill at the moment."

His face turned into one of mock sympathy. "Oh yes, why that must be very unfortunate, may I ask why you feel this ill?" Finn's head quirked to the side in an adorable manner.

She fought the nerve to giggle like a little girl at the sight.

"Well to tell you the truth, the reason is that I had to go to school knowing I had to see your face once again." Arizona avoided his brown eyes because she knew that if she looked, she would burst out laughing immediately.

Finn let out a very manly and very fake gasp. "Well then Ari, I thought we had something special. But I guess I was wrong!" He twisted his face sideways dramatically and pouted.

Arizona couldn't resist and began cackling at him. Embarrassed by her own behavior, she threw her palm over her mouth.

His eyes crinkled as he smiled at her. Finn took her by the wrist and pulled her arm off her mouth. "Don't do that. You look the prettiest when you're laughing."

She couldn't believe this boy and how he made her felt. He was so adorable, he was going to kill her later on with it. She didn't know what else to do so she smiled.

The bell rang and students ran inside to their seats, pretending as if they weren't tardy. Their teacher walked in after closing the door to start the class.

Finn cracked his neck and whispered, "Hey we'll talk later okay?" He winked playfully at her before turning back to the front of the classroom.

Arizona kept that smile on for the rest of chemistry until the bell rang announcing the end of the school day.

---

After class ended and Arizona was putting all her items away, she felt a sudden poke on her side. Whirling around, she met the face of the one and only Finn Myers.

"Yo I told you we would talk later," he said, picking up a strand of hair framing her face before tucking it behind her ear. Is it his life goal to make her blush wildly every five seconds? Because it sure seemed like it.

"What do you want Finn?" she replied all flustered, while hanging onto her backpack's straps. The fact that Finn was so oblivious to her little crush was good. It was at least one part of her that she could hide from him. 

Finn leaned back on a table before responding. "Well I was going to ask you if you wanted to come over today like always, but if you're gonna have then attitude then never mind." He lightly bopped her nose twice.

She looked up at him and sighed. Being neighbors with him had its ups and downs. One upside would be that he's always around the block. This way she could always manage to watch him on his lawn through her window.

But the downside would be that he's always around the block. She could never get the chance to deny her feelings or get over him because he's always there saying hi once he saw her through the window after getting caught staring at him.