38

Troye's pov

"You two should go on holiday. You're out of school for a week, why not get away?" Dad asks at breakfast one early morning.

With Jacob's unflatteringly messy hair and sleepy eyes, his cheeks still make him immensely adorable as they tint pink.

It seems Dad has caught on about the two of us.

"Why don't you come with?" Jacob asks with a spoon of porridge in his mouth, making me scrunch my nose up at him and shake my head.

Dad gives him a knowing look, "You two could use a break. I insist, I can even fly you guys out wherever you want."

My eyes widen considerably in both shock and excitement.

"Sounds like you're trying to get rid of us." Jacob mutters amusingly, finishing off his bowl and leaning back in the wooden chair.

"No, I could just use a little break from you guys as well. I love you, you know that. Both of you. But uh- the walls are pretty thin. You guys are like birds when I'm trying to sleep." He explains, narrowing his eyes at Jacob a tad. As a subtle look of I-know-what-you-two-are-up-to-and-I'm-refraining-from-kicking-your-arse.

I feel what seems to be my entire body go hot, my ears and cheeks without a doubt painted pink. I keep my eyes down on my bowl and gulp down nervously.

"Da-" I utter.

"There's no need to explain yourself. You're almost eighteen, you're not my baby anymore..." Dad murmurs, calming my close to a panicked state.

"But you," He turns to a wide eyed Jacob, "I ought to kick your arse, taking my boy's innocence like that."

I bite my bottom lip and look down again while Jacob stifles a laugh.

"Uh," He starts, nudging me with his foot.

I smile up at him with a bright smile, biting my tongue.

"I'm the one that made the first move, Daddy." I admit. a/n: deadass just burst out laughing in public while writing this, end me

And Dad just about choked on his breakfast, dropping his spoon in his bowl and giving me a shaken, surprised look. All I can exchange back is a guilty smile that about reaches my ears.

"I don't want to know anymore and I love you kid, but you gotta stop calling me that. It's just wrong. You two are leaving today and when you come back, you're gonna hold off on damaging my poor ears and wait until I'm gone. Alright?"

We nod, thanking him. He sends us off to our room, grumbling under his breath about idiotic horny teenagers these days.

Jacob is in charge of gathering the most fashionable sorts of our clothes and accessories. Alongside necessities like combs, toothbrushes and paste, deodorant (stick AND aerosol because the boy has a hatred for keeping things simple), my favourite perfumes, lotion, and whatever else he remembered to pack. I on the other hand was wrapped up in things to bring with that will keep us occupied. Our laptop, chargers for our phones, a few small canvases, brushes, paints, and pencils. And of course some yarn and knitting needles incase this trip turns out to be a bust. I practically packed as an artist, not a seventeen year old only going away for a week or so. I'm not even sure where we're going. Jacob said he decided on a place and spoke to Dad about it, him already on it and printing out our flight tickets.

Neither would tell me much besides the fact that it will be a short flight, not over half an hour. So that cleared up a little. I know we surely aren't going too far, the options are the Netherlands, France, Amsterdam, or Manchester. They're some of the only few places that are nearby.

I don't know where we're going or what Jacob has planned, but I'm excited.

-

a/n: i absolutely HATE myself because while writing this my phone kept auto-correcting words like choke to come/came (ironically enough) and right after troye said daddy & then "dad just about choked on his breakfast" it corrected to "dad just about came on his breakfast" and i want death gimme gimme

it didn't help that i was surrounded by elders and was nearly in tears from laughing so hard